part 21

After what felt like hours of walking, I realized I was subconsciously walking back to Collin's house. I decided I was just going to go back home and deal with my problems this time. I couldn't bare putting my family through me disappearing again. I can't depend on a man for my happiness anymore. I have to learn how to be happy on my own.

Once I finally reached home, it was daylight. I walked up the drive way to the front door and noticed some lights were on either in the living room or kitchen so Collin was probably already awake. I turned the door knob and prepared myself for the game of twenty questions I was about to have to play.
"Hey good morning, it's so early what are you doing home?" He checked the time on his phone. "It's 6:35, did Jaden drop you off?"
"No, I walked home." I made my way in the kitchen and sat down on the barstool at the counter. I'm guessing he saw my tear-stained cheeks and puffy eyes. I just know I look disgusting right now.
"Jesus, Y/N, that's at least a 5 hour walk. Wait have you been crying? What the hell happened?"
"I needed some time to think. I turned my phone off. Uh- Jaden cheated on me. I saw it happen. I really contemplated leaving everything behind, again. But, uh I'm here. "

He didn't say anything but instead walked over and embraced me in a huge hug. We stayed like that for a couple minutes and I let out a huge sigh that apparently I had been holding in. My shoulders relaxed and I finally released and backed away.

"Go shower and get some sleep. It's not an option and I'm not asking. I'll make your favorite dinner tonight for when you wake up. I love you, Y/N." Collin smiled, and pushed me up to the stairs.

I turned the hot water on and unzipped the tight ass dress I was wearing, taking everything else on after. I hopped in the shower and just let the water run down my body. I felt tears pricking my eyes but I blinked them away. No more crying, Y/N. It's time to be strong and deal with my shit like an adult.

After I was done with my shower routine, I wrapped a towel around my hair and body and went to the closet to find a t-shirt. I slipped one over my head and plopped down on the bed. I must've fell asleep instantly, I was so exhausted.

I woke up to Sarah yelling dinners ready, so I rolled out of bed and saw my phone sitting on my desk. I turned it on to find texts from Anthony, Avani, some unknown numbers, and Jaden. He also called thirty-two times. It was now 6:52pm. Damn, I slept a long time. Obviously I wasn't replying or even reading Jaden's messages but I did decide I was going to at least let Anthony know I was okay.
Anthony
Where did you go??
We're all looking for you
Please come back and just let us know you're okay. we can give you a ride home
Y/N we're really worried please just let me know you're okay
I know you want your space but please just text back
please...

Me
I'm ok. I'm at home I just need some space right now Idk what to do Ant

I put my phone on it's charger and went downstairs.
"Hey guys, wait do I spell pasta??" I forced a smile, sitting down at the dinner table.
"Chicken alfredo!" Sarah smiled, sitting my plate in front of me.
"Thanks Collin. I almost forgot you could actually cook. " I laughed, digging into my plate considering I hadn't eaten in twenty-four hours.

"Jaden called me. He said he just wants to explain in person. I told him to eat shit but I thought I'd send the message along anyway. " Collin was definitely more like a big brother than little. He's always been protective and I'm not mad at it.
"Not that I want to see his face any time soon, but I think I'm actually gonna go to his house after dinner. Just to take his stuff from here over. "

Collin had added the finishing touches to Jaden's debut album the day we got home from Georgia, so he had no reason to be here for a long time.
"I mean, if that's what you want. I say drive there and throw his stuff out the car window without stopping, but you're a lot nicer than me." Sarah laughed.

I pulled into the driveway at the Sway House about five minutes ago but I've been sitting here trying to come up with the courage to get out. Without wasting another second, I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Bryce answered.
"Hey Y/N, look I'm really sorry about last night. I never meant for that to happen. " He said, rubbing the back of his neck, obviously nervous. I gave him an eat shit look and walked right into the house without saying anything. I smiled at Ant and Avani who were sitting on the couch and walked up the stairs without wasting a single second. I reached Jaden's door and knocked.
"Go away. " Jaden yelled.
"It's me Jae. " I whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear me and I could just turn around and go home.
I immediately heard footsteps running to the door and a very sad-looking Jaden.
"Baby.." He said, his voice breaking mid word and looking down at the ground.
I walked past him and went in room and sat on the bed sitting the box of his things in the floor.
"I'm gonna be honest, I came here to tell you I never wanted to see or talk to you again but now that I'm here it isn't so easy. " He sat down on the bed beside me but kept his distance.
"Before you do that, could you let me try to explain first?"
I nodded, giving him the okay to go ahead.