part 6

The rest of the day, Jaden was in my mind. His smile, his blonde messy hair, the way his lips felt on mine. I really need to chill.

I mean, what could be so wrong with giving him a chance?

I was currently watching a movie with Sarah on the couch, but neither of us were really paying attention.

Sarah: Hey, Y/N? How are you doing, really?
Y/N: Honestly... not great.
Sarah: I could tell. I really wish you'd talk to Collin and I when you aren't doing great, we love you and are always here for you.
Y/N: I know, sometimes I just feel like a burden you know.
Sarah: Please don't ever say that. We're family. But can I ask you something?
Y/N: Sure.
Sarah: Is there something going on between you and Jaden? I mean, I think it's great if there is he's a nice guy, it's just you run into your room when he's coming over and you don't seem like yourself lately.

It was silent for a couple minutes before I spilled it. All of it. And how I may still want him. Maybe.

Sarah: Wow. I mean. Do you want my honest opinion?
Y/N: As long as it doesn't hurt my feelings.
Sarah: I think you should give him a chance. Sometimes people do things without thinking. I know he messed up, but it seems like he's trying to fix it. He can't if you don't meet him halfway. But, what do I know I've only ever had one boyfriend.
Y/N: Thanks, sis. To be fair, you and Collin have been together for 6 years. I think I know what I have to do though.
She smiled in response when we both heard the studio door open. Jaden appeared in the hallway and made his way over to us.
Jaden: Hey guys. Y/N, could I talk for you for a second?
I almost said no, but sarah was looking over winking at me and giving me a thumbs up. I laughed and got up off the couch. We were out on the front porch just staring at each other.
Jaden: So what was that about?
He looked nervous.
Y/N: Nothing, I think. Look I'm sorry for blowing up on you like that. Just listen to what I have to say and I think you'll understand.
He listened intently as I explain how a year ago I was supposed to be getting married until I saw my ex-fiancé and best friend having sex. How I ran away from my problems for half a year and tried to kill myself on multiple occasions. And how I struggled with depression. I felt humiliated.
Y/N: So that's why cheating is a really sensitive topic for me. I get that you probably thing I'm a crazy psycho now so I guess I'll see you around-
Jaden: No. You're not a crazy psycho, angel. You're a beautiful, funny, and amazing woman who deserves someone who treats you like so. I'm so sorry that ever happened to you and I can't apologize enough for what I did. Can you hear me out too?
I nodded.
Jaden: My relationship was for clout. See, we both have a following I guess you could say on TikTok. That's where I got my start. I wanted to go into music, and she wanted to go into acting. It went on for far too long and I knew I didn't want to be with her. At the time I kissed you me and her hadn't talked in almost a week. 
Y/N: Now I feel like an ass. Wait, you do TikTok?
I didn't mean to laugh but I was, now I really was an ass.
Jaden: Laugh all you want, but 5.4 million people disagree with you.
Y/N: No, really, I think it's cool. I didn't mean to laugh I just wasn't expecting it. Could we maybe like I don't know, start over?
Jaden: I would want nothing more. What about a date, tomorrow night?
Y/N: It's a date.
I couldn't wait any longer. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. This kiss was messier and deeper than last time. I didn't realize how much I missed his lips on mine. But it felt right, so right. Somehow in the mix of me kissing him, I ended up in his lap on the chair outside and my hands were snakes around his neck while his hands were squeezing my ass.
I finally pulled away and smiled.
Jaden: So much for starting over. You're amazing, by the way. I'll see you tomorrow angel.
And just like that, I watched him pull out of the driveway and I opened the door and sat back down on the couch with Sarah and Collin.
Collin: Did I really hear moaning?
Sarah: Shut up. But did we?!
Y/N: You guys will never know.
Collin: So, there is something going on between you guys?
Y/N: Well, we had a rough start but I don't know, maybe. We have a date tomorrow night.
Sarah: WHAT?! Y/N I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!
Collin: Okay, we don't have to yell. Seriously though, I think it's great that you're moving on, you deserve someone who treats you well, just be careful. Jaden is a young famous artist and you know how they are.

What the hell does that mean? Did he know something I didn't?

Y/N: I think I'm gonna go to bed, Goodnight guys.

After doing my night routine and throwing my hair up in a messy bun, I curled up in bed and plugged my phone in its charger. I picked it up when I heard it buzz.

Jaden
I'm home angel. Sleep well
ps I didn't forget this time ;)

I smiled at my phone for a second. I didn't reply, but instead sat my phone down and laid down. I better get some sleep if I have a date tomorrow.