part 28

I parked my car and slowly strolled up to the small bench by the lookout area. The same lookout area Jaden took me the first time we hung out. I had a feeling that the once good memory would be replaced with a new bad one. I had a really bad feeling about this.

I saw Jaden sitting on the bench, staring off into the sunset. I sat down beside him at the opposite side, keeping my distance.

"Hey. " He didn't even look at me, ouch.
"So...." I cringed. "Jaden just break up with me already, just get it over with. "
"It's not your fault...."

Here come the tears.

"Why though?"

"I just... I need to work on myself. I want to be better for you because you deserve the fucking world, Y/N. It's like I can't have something great because I'll look for reasons to find something wrong even when there isn't. You are perfect and I still found a reason to get angry at you."

"Jaden that's not something to break up with me for. Like you said, we can get through anything together. " I placed my hand over his but he pushed it away.

"If I sit here any longer I'm going to take it back. I can't hold you down like this when I'm not ready to give you what you deserve. I'm sorry, Y/N. If it means anything, I'll always be in love with you. I hope we can be together again some day. But please don't wait for me. Go out and find someone who treats you like you deserve to be treated. "

And with that, he got up and walked away. I didn't bother looking back because I know I would've begged him to stay even if he didn't want to. I sat in the same spot for the next hour letting the tears fall down my face. I felt numb. I felt like a piece of me was missing. The familiar feeling of heartbreak now consumed my body.

Instead of driving home and making Collin and Sarah deal with my mess once again, I drove to Avani's. I walked up to her apartment door and then stopped myself from knocking. She's probably in there with Anthony right now, I should leave and go home. I stood there in front of her door giving myself a minute to breathe.
"Y/N?"
I heard from Avani, who was standing behind me.
I ran into her arms and began sobbing into her chest. "I just got dumped. "
She immediately hugged me back and I heard her sniffling as well before she mumbled "Me too."