"Ritchie?!" (HoTD)

A/N: So, this is a sick fic for anyone who was wondering. And for those select few who ended up asking what a sick fic was (not naming any names ;3), it is a literal fanfic where the character is sic -.- literally. Anyways! This one-shot was requested by AutobotLightReaver and congratulations! You have officially allowed me to write the first ever "High-school of The Dead" one-shot in this book :D. Also, ENJOY BOIS AND GALS AND EVERYONE!

P.S: Hanahaki counts as a sickness ;3

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(No one's POV)

Cough... Cough... Cough...

In the apocalypse, another day, another cough, another petal. This has been the nightly routine for the ginger ex high school student named Ritchie for about 4 days now and he knew what it was from day one... Hanahaki. The disease also known as one-sided love. He knows all of the effects and the outcome of the disease if it isn't cured in time. Sadly Ritchie has accepted his fate as he 'knows' for a fact that he won't like him back like how he likes him. They joke around as if the two were in a relationship because apparently, to the other two who are actually in a relationship, they act like they're in one, but it hurts to Ritchie, knowing there is a strong chance he'll never be in a real relationship. At least, That's what Ritchie thinks...

(Ritchie's POV)

Waking up in this damn apocalypse to a cough in your throat isn't the best thing, but is the best option if you don't feel like being rejected by your crush. Currently, I am hovering over the bathroom toilet on the upstairs floor of Brandon's house, coughing up petals like it's no one's business. If you're wondering how I got to this point in my life, I fell in love with my friend and have contracted a little disease known as Hanahaki or the result of one-sided love.

I know for a fact that he doesn't like me back, so I have accepted this fate that the cruel world has set upon me. Falling in love with one of your best friends is apparently illegal so the world decides to say to you 'Hey, I noticed that you like your best friend, now I am gonna give you this disease as a punishment because you can't man up and confess to them because you don't believe they like you!'

So now, I just have to make it through the day without anyone... *knock*... noticing.

"Ritchie! You're late for breakfast so I volunteered to- OH MY GOD!! RITCHIE!!" I heard someone yelling from the door of the bathroom, then I heard footsteps running towards me and a hand rubbing my back. After I had finished puking all the bloody petals in my system, I turned around to see who called out before and saw Brandon looking at me with a concerned face. "Are you ok?!" I just gently shake my head in response, laying my head on his side. "What's wrong?" I hear the worry in his soft voice, as he held me against him, now sitting on the floor.

"I- I con-contracted a d-disease called H-Hanahaki..." I managed to stutter out. I feel his eyes dig into me, staring at me as if I was a gem and he couldn't look away.

"Ritchie... Who do you like?!" He said quickly but softly, turning me around to face him. Tears started to well up as I thought ofy crush and the fact that he was gonna regect me.

"It's M-Michael..." I mumbled, barely audible to Brandon as he asked me once again. "Ritchie, I can't help you if you don't speak up, please."

"I said it's Michael..." I say a bit louder, but still a whisper as tears rush down my face and I bury my head into Brandon's side, him being to shocked to stop me. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug while rubbing my back as I gently sniffled into his shoulder.