Build Me Up, Buttercup (FTO)

A/N: Alright, so... this oneshot need a bit of explaining -w-. I wrote a document and it has literally every ship possible that includes: Ritchie, Brandon, David, Mario, Kit, Inmo, Lucas, Lo Pho, Bri, Bryan, Mitch, Colin, Pat, Michael, Jakey, Kay, Eden/Devin. So, there are 154 possible combinations/different crack ships on that list and this is one of them... 

I present to you... FTO Ritchie x Jakey -w- a.k.a number 9 on ma list.

Enjoy~ >:3

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(Jakey's POV)

'What if he doesn't like me back? What if I'm too weak for him and he doesn't want to be with me? I mean... he IS in Divinus Magia and is guild leader.' All these thoughts invading my brain kept me up until I decided that tonight, I wouldn't be sleeping.

"Oliver, you stay here. I'm going for a walk and I'll be back in a bit, ok?" I whispered to my little yellow friend, who let out a happy yelp before going back to sleep. Slowly, I managed to get out of bed without waking Kay up, who was sleeping across the room from me. I crept my way across the room, quietly opening the door then closing it softly before proceeding down the hall.

'Where do I go... how about David's garden? Yeah, it should be peaceful enough there.' I tip-toed my way down the stairs and managed to get out the front door without anyone else waking up. You see, the members of Divinus Magia decided to sleep over with us in the inn. Bad thing for me was that it meant my crush was sleeping in the same building.

'Would his brother even like the fact of me dating him?! I mean, even though me and Brandon are friends, how would he feel of me dating his brother?' I walked down the path as even more thoughts entered my brain, tearing my hopes apart. Eventually, I made it to a bench in the garden made by the ice stripper of the guild, and sat down just processing everything that my brain had told me.

'I'm too weak of a mage to even control my powers! Why would anyone as strong as him even think about dating me?' As my thoughts began to invade my head even more with these negative thoughts, the more I believed them. It wasn't till I felt wetness running down my cheeks and onto my legs that I had realised, I was crying. I wrapped my arms around my legs and curled against my chest, silently crying. 'He'll never like me...' That one line repeated itself over and over again until I just told myself it was the truth.

"Maybe I should just accept the fact that he doesn't like me..." I whispered quietly, my face still buried in my knees and gentle sobs coming being the only noise I heard in the dead of night. This whole time I was unaware... that I was being watched...

Moments before this whole sad boi time ;-;

(Bryan's POV)

'KNOCK KNOCK'

This is what I heard at 12:30am in the freaking morning, waking me up from my beauty sleep UwU. I groggily get out of bed and slump my way towards the door to see what crazy person I need to burn to a crisp for being awake at this time and waking me up. My face slightly straightened (gayed) when I saw the concerned look on Kay's face when I opened the door. "Kay? What's wrong? Why are you awake at this time?" I ask, still half asleep but now kinda awake at the same time.

"I woke up because I heard a door close and I turned to see Jakey's not in the room anymore" I was definitely awake by this. My best friend was missing in the middle of the night!! How the f3ck would I sleep through this?! "Prove it." I want to see if my best friend was actually missing before I start to worry too much, a.k.a more than I already am. She gestured me over to their shared room and that's where I saw all the proof I needed: Jakey's messy bed, Oliver on the floor sleeping and most importantly, Jakey himself is not here.