Grocery Shopping With Energy

-I usually Write something at the beginning of the chapter, like leaving a note on the fridge for you, But IDK what to write so... enjoy!-

"-and there's this petition at my school for Gotham city to change all the street names so they won't be targetted by rogues."

"Clever." M'gann encouraged. 

"Yep, there's a different petition to get rid of the second national bank so Two-face will stop robbing it!" Robin laughed.

Robin, M'gann, and the others were kicked  back, watching time pass, bored out of their minds. Suddenly, the Zetatubes whirred into life. "Guys, it's Batman." Artemis exclaimed.

They broke away from their joking around as Robin's mentor entered.

"Oh, hey Bats, do we have a new mission?" The thirteen-year-old shot up and followed him like a lost puppy. "Can I help with anything? Where are we going?"

"When I have mission for the team, I'll let you know." He left Robin standing there expectantly.

"Uh, okay, Thanks anyways!"

Artemis tutted sassily. "Rob, I didn't peg you as desperate." 

He turned to face the blonde. "Hey, we haven't had a mission in ages, sorry I want this team to do something!"

"Uh, this whole team is based on independance, but you can't go forty minutes without getting Batman's approval." 

"I FOUNDED this team!"

"Okay, everyone, lets calm down." Kaldur began diffusing the situation. "I think we are all on edge from the lack of work."

"No shit!" Artemis flopped back on the empty couch. She got irritable when inactive... actually, she got irritable for a lot of reasons.

M'gann sat up. "I have to go into town to get things for lunch, how about we all go?"

"Great, grocery shopping." She sneered, but stood up and started getting ready to go. "C'mon , Rob, quit sulking."

M'gann turned to her boyfriend. "Are you coming, Conner?"

"Fine."

Wally hauled Robin off the couch. "Come on, man, lefts go. Get your jacket."

Shortly, they were assembled, skipping down to Happy Harbour, reusable shopping bags in hand (M'gann doesn't mess with one plastic bags, and neither should you).

"I'll race you to the store-"

"You're a flash, you'll race anything with legs just for fun." Robin pointed out, preparing to run -and beat Wally. "But if you want, let's GO!" He shoved Wally to the ground and sprinted off. Wally stood, dusted off, and ran after him.

"They're SO immature." Artemis rolled her eyed, stretching and taking off after the duo.

M'gann smiled after them. All three of them, especially Robin, kept trying to be grownup, when they were actually all very childlike. "We should probably hurry up, or they'll get lost."

The younger three were outside the small town's supermart/pharrmacy; Artemis was facing the sky, flipping a coin and trying to catch it while Robin and Wally were chasing each other around the bicycle rack.

"Who won?" Conner asked flatly, not really caring.

"What?" Wally asked, leaping over the rack and making a grab for the thirteen-year-old. Robin dodged from his reach, and through the automatic doors. 

"Hurry up!" He cackled, taking off into the freezer aisle, Wally taking off after him.

"Guys, stick together! In a group!" Artemis called after them. "Ugh, hold on, I'll get 'em!" 

"No, it's okay, Art-" M'gann was stopped by the other girl hurrying away exasperatedly, to drag the boys back. The older three grabbed a cart (they didn't need a cart, it's just way more fun) and headed into the store. M'gann pulled out a list, assigning products to the remaining two. "Oh- and if you see Artemis and the boys, grab them too. If we can't find each other, meet up at the Coke display in eight minutes."

They seperated, scattering around the store, looking for supplies and their teammates. Artemis' voice made it pretty easy to trace them, however, this was combatted by Robin's incredible habit of running off and getting lost.

"Rob, Walls!" She called. "I see you, come out, we gotta stick together."

"You're such a buzzkill!" Wally's voice replied.

"You're such little kids!" Artemis exclaimed, loud enough for the other shoppers to hear. 

Conner rounded the corner to the aisle where all the noise was coming from, Artemis stood in the middle of the cereal aisle, shouting at a red-head, who was trying to climb the shelf, and Robin, who was sitting a top a tall shelf. Conner tried got their attention. "M'gann wants you to come back to the cart."

"We got a CART?" Wally demanded, eyes lighting up.

Artemis rolled her eyes, like a bossy big sister. "Whatever you're thinking, stop it! And get Robin down from there."

"Hey, SB! Can our budget include these?" Robin asked, holding up a box of Oreo poptarts.

"Ask M'gann." Conner stated, grabbing Robin's leg and tugging him down. He let himself fall to the linolium floor. "Let's go." He held onto Robin with his left hand and Wally with his right, if he had a third hand, he'd hold onto Artemis. But he didn't. He dragged them towards the Cola display, where his girlfriend was waiting. He dropped the younger kids onto the floor.

"I didn't mean actually grab them..." She uttered.

"I know that." He lied. 

The boys on the ground grinned at each other. "Both of you stay at the cart before you get us kicked out!" Artemis ordered. "Do you need anything else, M'gann?" 

"Can you... can you get some pasta?" She asked. "Some Penne, or some fusillini?"

"Got it." She took off, sneakers squeaking on the floor.

Wally stood and helped Robin up. "Hey ms. M? Can we get this?" He held up the pop tarts.

"Uhh, sure, throw it in! Now let's go find Kaldur."

Wally bounced on the balls of his feet. "Can I push the cart?"

"Sure...?" M'gann didn't know how to say no.

Wally grabbed it and ran. Robin turned to the martian. "That was a mistake." He grinned. "TAXI!" 

Wally slowed down, letting Robin jump on the side of the cart, and then toom off. M'gann blinked and turned to Conner. "What now?"

"You get them this time," Conner stated, inable to pick up on social queues as always. "I'll get anything else we need." He took the grocery list and left. M'gann sighed and let herself float up above the room, she looked for a cart racing at dangerous speeds.

Kaldur was on his way back to the meeting place when a huge, rattling sound raced towards him. Without thinking, he put his hand out and stopped the cart. The sudden resistance sent Wally over the handlebars, Robin, collapsed on the floor, nearly tipping over the cart. The team leader steadied the cart and set the things he'd grabbed off the shelves at the bottom. "Are you both alright?"

"Uh huh."

"Yup!" Robin rubbed his head, checking for injury.

M'gann floated down from where she hovered over the aisle. "There you are! Let's get Conner and Artemis and check out." 

Once Artemis found them, she held the boys, on on either side of her, to the checkout. The team left, arms full of groceries, and headed back towards the mountain.

"Hey, KF, you know what I think?" Robin grinned.

"Guys, no." Artemis ordered, both boys squirming loose and taking off. "Sons of bitches!" She muttered, taking off after them. "I SWEAR, I WILL TELL THE LEAGUE ABOUT THEM!"

She but never did. They just had too much darn energy.