Chapter 20: Oblivion

"No! No- Ahhhhh!!!" Jesse shouted like he was on fire. The spirit of Yubel released him and made him pass out.

I quickly ran over to Jesse and caught him before his tired body hit the ground. I cried and hugged him tightly, finally holding my brother in my arms with love and remorse.

"Jesse..." I whispered to myself, "Your safe..."

The chuckles of Yubel echoed in my ear. I looked up to see Yubel continue to laugh. I then noticed a card in her hand. It was a spell card.

"I've done it! I have finally got it! Jaden, you will be all mine! Hahaha!" Yubel shouted with glee.

Jaden ran up next to me, looking at both me and Jesse. "You both alright?"

I gave Jaden a nod and our attentions returned to Yubel in the air.

Jaden stood in front of me and Jesse, being our protector. "What are you talking about Yubel?" Jaden questioned.

"My sweet Jaden...for so long we have been apart. But now with this card, we can be together forever!" Yubel chanted holding the card up high.

Jaden's eyes went wide with shock. He knew what card Yubel had. "Super Polymerization..." Jaden muttered.

"Now comes the final battle, Jaden. The one I have longed to have with you..." Yubel rose up higher and higher into the dark grey clouds swirling in the sky, "...in OBLIVION!!!" The storms of heavy thunder started to roar thus awaiting the final battle to take place.

Syrus and Crowler helped me and Jesse up and away from the storm as much as possible.

I looked at Jaden staring up at the storm.

I knew he had to do this...

I grabbed my brother's deck out of his pocket and ran to Jaden. Jesse would want to help Jaden any way he could.

"Jaden!" I shouted trying to make my voice be heared through the harsh and loud winds.

Jaden heared my voice and turned his head. "(Y/N)...you need to join with the others. I need to face Yubel alone." Jaden told me.

I whipped away my tears I had earlier and protested. "I'm not leaving you. I've spent too long not being able to hold you...to kiss you...or-"

Jaden stopped my rambling with a kiss on the lips. Tears started to pour out of my eyes again because I knew...

...this was going to be out last kiss.

When we stopped, I cried onto Jaden's shoulder. Jaden placed his hand behind my head and my back, feeling my warmth one last time.

"I'm gonna miss you (Y/N)..." Jaden tells me in my ear. His voice is what kept me so calm in the past years...so joyful and confident.

I continue to weep, "After everything we have been through together..." I then looked him in the eyes, his fun and brown eyes. "...I wanted us to be more. I wanted to go on more dates with you, graduate together, get married and so much more."

Jaden gave me a heart-warming smile as he whipped my tears away, "I wanted the same thing. But I guess our fun had to end sooner or later." Jaden frowned, disappointed as I was.

Jaden turned me to see Jesse getting up, "Jesse needs you now, (Y/N). He's your only family left that cares about you." Jaden tells me.

Jesse looks at both at us and waves at both of us. Jaden gave him a wave goodbye while I gave him a wave of return.

I gave Jaden one last hug and my final words, "I love you, Jaden..."

Jaden closed his eyes and held me in his embrace, "I will always love you, (Y/N). If there is any way I can come back and hold you again, trust me...I will."

With our final words we let go of our hands and departed...

Jaden flew up in the sky to face Yubel, while I went back to be with my friends and my brother.

My brother ran towards me and gave me a hug. "Hey sis. So glad your alright."

I didn't respond or give him a hug back. I just stood there with a blank face like I had watched the world die in front of my eyes.

All emotion...all happiness... has left my body for good.

Syrus looked at me with a puzzled look, "(Y/N)? Where did Jaden go?"

I shook my head and pointed up,

"He's gone Syrus..." I said with no emotion, "...Jaden is gone."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

???????