Chapter 6: The Pro Phoenix

Author's Note: Well here we are! The first chapter that was presented in the Season 2 Sneak Peek. Enjoy and I love to see each and everyone of you who continue to love this story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~In Domino City~

~Zane's POV~

After the long and rigorous duels I have faced, I am finally going up against the best Pro-Duelist everyone knows...
Aster Phoenix.

My manager pulled up in a limousine, "Truesdale. This is your most important match yet so don't mess this up. Do not lose." I gave him a smirk, "Don't worry. I don't lose." I reassured him and got in the limo. I was headed my way towards the stadium.

I hope everyone at Duel Academy will watch my duel. I duel for all of my friends at Duel Academy. Especially Syrus and (Y/N). I miss you both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~At Duel Academy~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

The bell rang and it was the end of class. Usually I would leave and go to my job helping Aster but today was a special day. Aster was going to face Zane in the Pro-Leagues. I was so excited! I can't wait!

Me, Alexis, Chazz, Bastion, Atticus and Hassleberry were sitting in the classroom to watch the match. Alexis sat right next to me and gave me a cheerful smile, "How's working for Aster been going (Y/N)?" She asked me, "It's going well. I really enjoy it." I say and Atticus puts his head between us, "You know, you and Aster would make a good couple. But us two would be even better." Atticus winked at me and Alexis shoved him back in his seat to keep him quiet.

Alexis sat back down looking frustrated, "Don't listen to him, (Y/N). He's just a thirsty dog..." Alexis told me and Atticus spoke again, "Oh c'mon sis. You know most ladies here are just dying to dig into my bone. It's not my fault we both inherited good looks. I just use mine more than you." I chuckled and Alexis folded her arms and stared in another direction.

I look around to see Syrus and Jaden not here yet. It looked like everyone else noticed too. "Hey. Where's the Sarge at?" Hassleberry asked referring to Jaden, Chazz then spoke, "I know that Slacker wouldn't miss seeing Zane dueling." I stood up, "Don't worry. I'll go look for them." I said and off I went.

~Jaden's POV~

"I'm late! I'm late!" I shout rushing towards class. I overslept. (Y/N) sleeping on me really made me comfortable.

As I was running, I bumped into Syrus. "Oh, hey Syrus. Uhh, why are you skipping class?" Syrus gave me a confused look, "Skipping class? Class is over, Jaden." Syrus said. "Whoops. Guess I missed class again." I laughed it off.

Syrus was helping (Y/N) and me get together since I told him I like her. I knew I could trust Syrus, he was my closest friend. Syrus's eyes lit up with glee. It looked like he had an idea. "Jaden! I just thought of a way you and (Y/N) can be closer together." Syrus said cheerfully, "Really!? Well lay it on me Sy!" I asked, "Well...since (Y/N) is really smart and takes her school work seriously and you, well...not so much, you could ask her to help you."

I thanked Syrus and we both ran to class. Zane was dueling Aster today and I couldn't wait to see their awesome duel.

~(Y/N)'s POV~