Chapter 2: The Boy With Fusion

~Your POV~

I just stared at him in awe. How did he get here? I was on the last boat to get here. Did he just swim here?

I heared the boy say, "I'm going to be the next King of Games."
All of a sudden people started to laugh at him. Me and Alexis weren't among it.
I saw Chazz laughing up a storm with his buddies about the boy.
That kind of made me mad.
I started to make my way down to the quote unquote, Next King of Games.

Alexis grabbed my arm, "Wait a sec. Where are you going?" She then released my arm.
"I won't be long, Alexis." I told her.

~Jaden's POV~

I heared everyone laughing.
This wasn't the first people laughed at me. I get it a lot, it doesn't bother me.
"Get this Slacker out of here!" One person said.

I made my way up towards the teacher.
"Hey teach. Mind if I start the exam now?" I said and he scolded me.
"My name is not teach, it's Dr.Vellian Crowler and the Entrance Exams are closed. You will have to try next year my boy." He said then checked off his list of students who got into Duel Academy. Everyone started to head towards their dorms and I put my head down in defeat, knowing my dream was crushed and started to head out the door.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder.
"I say we give him a chance!" A female's voice said behind me. I turned and saw a girl holding my shoulder. She had (H/C) hair, (E/C) eyes and was the same height as me. She then looked at me and smiled at me.

I heared a boy from the crowd say "Look everyone! The slacker has a girlfriend!" The guy then proceeds to point at us and more laughter started up again. The girl then clenched her fist and squeezed my shoulder in anger, "Shut it, Chazz!" She yelled.

"Its ok. You don't have to-" I was interrupted by her, "No. I need too..."
She sounded serious. She then proceeds to push me making me stand in the middle of the many duel arenas. "Dr.Crowler. Isn't it true that they taught you in Duel College to give every duelist a chance to become great?" She asked Crowler.

"Why yes. How do you know that?" Crowler asked her. I wondered the same thing too. "My dad went to Duel College, he now works for Kaiba Corp but that's besides the point. What i'm saying is to give-" She stopped and whispered to me, "What's your name?"

"Jaden Yuki." I said to her. She smiled then continued to stand up for me.
I thought she was amazing.

~Your POV~

"-Jaden Yuki a chance. If he says he is the next King of Games, then I for one would let him prove it." I said and everyone fell silent. I was always good with speaking out and proving a point.
I have my dad to thank for that. He was a lawyer for Kaiba Corp in case someone wants to sue the company or something like that.

Dr.Crowler cleared his throat, "Very well. Jaden, please enter arena No.1"
Jaden's eyes lit up with delight, "Thanks for everything. Your really a lifesaver." He said to me. "It was nothing. I'm (Y/N) by the way." We shook hands and he ran off to the arena. As he was running, I waved goodbye and headed back to Alexis, who had her arms folded.

"Well that was something." Alexis said.
"What was?" I asked her.
"You. Standing up for that kid." She said.
I smiled and brushed it off, "It was nothing."

Alexis nodded then we both proceeded to watch Jaden's duel. It looks like he was going up against... Crowler!?
That's not fair. He was going up against a teacher, there's no way he'll win.

Five minutes later...

"I activate Polymerization! I fuse Avian and Burstinitrix to summon Elemental Hero Flamed Wingman(2100/1200)!" Jaden shouted. I watched amazed as he was dueling with his Elemental Heros.
Alexis interrupted my thoughts, "That's a pretty tough monster that kid has on the field, But Crowlers Ancient Gear Golem is way stronger with 3000 attack. I'd say he's toast." As much as I wanted to disagree with Alexis I couldn't. "Wait... He's about to play another card." I told Alexis. We both then see Jaden activate a spell card.

"Then I activate my field spell Skyscraper. Now when one of my monsters battle and your monster's attack is higher, my monster gains 1000 attack points. So let him have it Flamed Wingman! Attack!" Jaden sent his Flamed Wingman to battle against Crowler's Ancient Gear Golem and just like Jaden said, Wingman's attack became 3100 attack and destroyed Crowler's monster.

"What!? That's impossible!" Crowler yelled in disbelief.
"Believe it teach. Cause Wingman has another effect. When he destroys a monster, that monsters attack comes out of your life points." Wingman's huge claw opens and blasts Crowler with fire.
"Ahhhhhh!" Crowler yelled and he fell to the ground.

Everyone was in shock.
Me and Alexis's jaws dropped.
I was the first to speak, "D-did he just-?".
Alexis chimed in to finish my sentence, "Beat a teacher who went to Duel College? Yes. Yes he did."

With that Crowler started to get up.
He saw everyone in shock and he looked like a joke. So he tried to cover it up, "T-That was all acording to plan ofcourse. Did you really expect me to duel my best during an exam?" He then chuckled nervously then hands Jaden a red coat. "Here you are. Welcome to Duel Academy." Crowler said then walked away wipping his sweat from his face.

Jaden then happily held up the red coat in the light then proceeded to put it on.
He saw me in the crowed and waved to me. I smiled and waved back. I was glad because of me, he was one step closer to his dream.

Alexis then nudged my arm making me look at her, "C'mon. Now that that's over let's go see our dorms." She said and started to walk off. I tried to look one last time at Jaden but he was gone. I hope I see him again. Something about him reminds me of... Me.

I then ran to catch up with Alexis.
I can't wait to see our dorms.