Chapter 5: A Sad Reality

~In Your Room, Nighttime~

~Few Months Later~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I tossed and turned in my bed. I sometimes hear a strange voice that calls to me. Sometimes in my dreams I see the source. It was some sort of demonic creature with a set of orange and green eyes. It keeps on telling me, "Jaden has forgotten about you. You were meant to be alone and discarded." It tells me that over and over again.

So I stay awake and stare at the ceiling above me

So I stay awake and stare at the ceiling above me. The silence surrounds me except below, due to the snoring of Jaden and Jesse below me.

They both spend a lot of time with each other. Their like magnets, you can't pull them apart. They had so many things in common it was unimaginable...

Every time I want to do something with Jaden, Jaden asks if I invited Jesse. Of course my response would be no and Jaden pouts and tells me "Maybe another day..."

The same thing with my brother, As his sister I want to spend some time with him. But alas he would ask if Jaden's coming along too. My answer...no. Jesse gives me a frown and puts his hand on my shoulder, he tells me "Invite Jaden next time..."

After those rejections I just stay in my room all alone. When i'm alone...the voice repeats its same phrase to me again and again, "Jaden has forgotten about you. You were meant to be alone and discarded."

It's like no one wants me...

Like in the past...

Jesse was a reason why I felt alone, miserable, he was a cause of my loneliness...and here he is below me, sleeping in the same bed with my boyfriend...

He's doing the same thing to me when we were young. He's leaving me for my friends and Jaden.

I've been with Jaden for the past two years, we have become so much closer because of those years. Then here comes Jesse, spending time with Jaden for a few months and it's like i'm out of the equation. Me plus Jaden is now impossible to answer. But Jaden plus Jesse has so many positive answers.

I feel so lost...

So confused...

Who won't leave me?

Was I born to be alone?

I need to find out the truth for myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~10,000 Years Ago~