☀️ roux santana

krissylilmissy

role, if applicable;the medical resident in charge of ambrose's nurse

the medical resident in charge of ambrose's nurse

name;
Dr. Roux Santana
age;
twenty-one

gender;
male

faceclaim;
james kakonge

sexuality;
bisexual

personality;
Roux is not the most outspoken person in this hospital despite his obvious strong opinions and attitudes, as well as intelligence. Generally speaking, his replies to almost anything are monosyllabic. He finds that almost every question and statement can be answered by: a disinterested 'really?', yes or no, maybe, none, some, or 'go away.' To Roux, words are very important, and he shouldn't waste them on nonsense that other people say to him. Thus, he comes off as rude all of the time. And this is because, for the most part, he really is. A huge part of Roux's personality is how much it can change as well as how much he does not care about much of anything. Sometimes he's outright aggressive and ready to get into it with someone, while other times, his scope is limited to brief sarcasm and smirking at people. No matter what, if you say something ridiculous, he will not let it drop until the behavior changed. There is no "maybe it was a mistake" with him. If Roux sees you are doing something wrong, he will continuously point it out. While he can seem like brick wall to some people, due to how huge he is, he really isn't. It isn't that he pretends to be unengaged for his benefit or anything. Roux just lets people assume what they want, since he doesn't care. As well as the 'dead inside' look in his eyes giving him a rather unengaged look sometimes. He is especially smart, possessing some skill at science from a good friend a while back, as well as having taken more advanced classes in math in particular. However, the fact that he is very apathetic about how people perceive him causes him to never show this off or be obnoxious. He just is the way he is, and lets people experience it as they go. Although Roux seems like a tough guy who nothing could possibly faze, he secretly really isn't. People are what he is most afraid of. Having strangers all around him or being in a horribly crowded setting terrifies him, but Roux is convinced that he can never show fear in public. And he will never admit that he has social anxiety in front of anyone. Probably ever. So instead, Roux will just get over-aggressive since literally everything people do when they are all around him and close, annoys him half to death. This is when he is most likely to punch someone or something similar. Roux prefers to stay to himself, which is why he likes being around at night where no one else is up, walking around the nicer neighborhoods, as opposed to huge social gatherings. Roux is also moody, in that he experiences a lot of emotions and will snap at anyone who is 'ruining his angst' or being overly happy when he's having a bad day. But mostly, he hates annoying people and likes his patients.

background;Roux is Dominican-American, having grown up in the Bronx

background;
Roux is Dominican-American, having grown up in the Bronx. His life wasn't very eventful (for him anyways) up until when he was around a young teen, which was when he started to box for the first time and learned how to fight and well at that. It isn't why he's aggressive, since he was always aggressive before that. This part of his personality is just a behavioral issue. His family members initially did struggle to raise him, and eventually, his mother separated from his father and went back to live with her parents. His father had to work after that, travelling all the time in order to meet with his various clients (he worked at a large business). Because of his father's business trips, he was raised by his older sister primarily, who he protected like she was one of his actual parents. He went to school every day, then went to box, and then went home. Until one day, when he went home, and found an older boy (although he looked a lot younger) having a "biology conversation" stand. Roux was understandably confused, but instead of having any normal reaction, he stood behind Oleander. For around seventeen minutes, he just stood there and breathed. When Oleander finally looked up, in a miraculous feat of syllables, Roux basically told him that was seventeen minutes that he could have kįlled him in. And that he was lucky he didn't and to be careful. Then he kept walking. This happened every day for around two months, until Roux got annoyed that he couldn't follow directions, so he became like a bodyguard for the boy after school, which was helpful for Oleander's survival. He did that every day, and calls Oleander dad since he's like a father to him, in addition to boxing and matches that Oleander is always invited too. Additionally, he learned Korean from the young boy and taught him Spanish, as well as gifted him with some essentially useless gloves that were probably heavier than Oleander. He got motivation to get out of the state and move somewhere else in order to continue his medical career, and into medical school at Emory on a full-ride scholarship- and made top of his class. He quit competition boxing when he was nineteen, although he still enjoys it for fitness. This is because of his medical ambitions leading him in another direction, and also because of his own lack of time these days.

miscellaneous;- speaks fluent Spanish and Korean, but first language was Spanish- grew up in the Bronx- was originally a boxer, but all of his violent tendencies fizzled out by the age of nineteen

miscellaneous;
- speaks fluent Spanish and Korean, but first language was Spanish
- grew up in the Bronx
- was originally a boxer, but all of his violent tendencies fizzled out by the age of nineteen.
- graduated from Emory at the top of his class
- has a horde of kittens that he brings here often, along with a medical-therapy certified miniature pony.
- our boy is.... six foot ten and a half.
- that is tall
- he bumps his head on ceilings
- and doors
- and the clouds sometimes.