⚔️ 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐚'𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 ⚔️

" oh, to see without my eyes/the first time that you kissed me/boundless by the time i cried/i built your walls around me

the first time that you kissed me/
boundless by the time i cried/
i built your walls around me. "

NAME. tannier na'ravanna
AGE. twenty-seven
GENDER. male
SEXUALITY. bisexual
SPECIES. ardean

ALLEGIANCE. eijoa
CLASS. warrior
OCCUPATION. guard

APPEARANCE. richard madden
PERSONALITY. with a blind adoration of nation and people, tannier has let his work and his loyalty become his only comforts and stability in life. he is inflexible, unbending. he does not change his mind easily and does not come to see new perspectives easily. few would describe tannier as fun. in the past, he could open himself up to new experiences. he could laugh at himself. that same levity is rarely seen these days. he is serious. he does not like to joke. he has a tendency to brood. his loyalty and honor are unmatched. he has no other thought than to serve. he says he doesn't like to think of the past. speaking of it is useless, he says, but maybe, he just doesn't want to feel old wounds left unhealed tugged open once more. some believe he has a death wish from how his dream these days seems to be to die for country and for pathfinder. he is brave, endlessly courageous, fearing nothing, not even death. tannier is hard on himself. he grew up with lofty expectations placed upon him, and he still feels their weight every day. he does not treat himself kindly should he make a mistake. tannier holds himself to a high standard indeed. he is untrusting, suspicious. he dislikes the humans because he cannot trust them. his inflexibility and stubbornness render him almost hateful towards the humans. tannier doesn't like change. with their presence, too much has changed, he thinks. he is a cynic, certainly, but he has a clever manner of thinking. his lack of trust has certainly won him a few victories over the years— one reason he refuses to abandon it.

 his lack of trust has certainly won him a few victories over the years— one reason he refuses to abandon it

" lord, i no longer believe
drowned in living waters
cursed by the love that i received. "

RELATIONS.
— robaire n'laduni, mother
— tannier n'rynn, father
— talador na'ravanna, brother
— lusaka na'ravanna, sister
— rynneth na'ravanna, sister
— sorren na'ravanna, brother
— sionele na'ravanna, brother
— lischard n'rysanna, fiancé, deceased

BACKSTORY. born to a family of great warriors, stretching back, so the verbal records go, to before anrhe's plight, tannier was named after his father, who had headed the warrior academy in corri, where tannier grew up. his mother, from a prominent warrior line as well, guarded the then-pathfinder. raised from the moment his eyes opened to become a great warrior, tannier never had any doubt about his future. he was a narrow-minded child. some of his other siblings desired to thrust off their birthright, desired to achieve more, to do different than their parents. tannier, driven by honor, driven by tradition, did not. he practiced in the yard with weapons for hours until the other trainees had gone to rest. he was the youngest student at the warrior academy at one point. as a result, he spent his youth being easily disposed of. being tossed around and forced to yield for hours each day. however, the failures only made him stronger. by the time he had grown, stocky and broad-shouldered, he was the one forcing others to give in, with his blade against their throat. he had become strong. he was principled. he was loyal. he wanted nothing more than to follow his family's legacy. tannier had this sort of beautiful, blind devotion to nation, to pathfinder, to his people that rarely crops up. he wanted for nothing else until he was first deployed as a warrior to guard the pool of endless dreams. until he met a woman, a fisherwoman named lischard. they fell in love. they were, to translate it into human terms, engaged. they were to be life partners as his mother and father had once been. rather than dreams of glory or war or great national honor, tannier went to sleep and dreamed of lischard. dreamed of their children. dreamed of her in his arms. he was transferred to calon, granted the honor of guarding the pathfinder as his mother had once done before him, but this was hardly a concern, because she wanted to go to the school of art, and she had gotten in. she was going to go, and they would both live in calon together. he received word that she had gone out in her boat one night and never returned. the boat was found shattered on the coast two weeks later. lischard was gone. tannier threw himself into his work with all the more vigor in response. soon after, the humans arrived, and tannier channeled all of his anger and grief into two directions-- one, guarding the pathfinder with his utmost vigor and attention. two, hating the humans with all the venom he could muster. tannier has never trusted the humans. now, he works as a guard for the pathfinder, an honor to his parents and his family, but a victory that once would have been his dream has been dulled down to nothing after the death of his one true love.

" how much sorrow can I take?/blackbird on my shoulder/and what difference does it make/when this love is over? "

blackbird on my shoulder/
and what difference does it make/
when this love is over? "

OTHERtannier has an assortment of scars from his time at the academy in particular, that criss-cross his body.

" shall i sleep within your bed?
river of unhappiness
hold your hands upon my head
'til i breathe my last breath. "