🎨 nicolas kae-knott 🎨

" Starry, starry night
Portraits hung in empty halls
Frameless heads on nameless walls
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget
Like the strangers that you've met
The ragged men in ragged clothes
The silver thorn of bloody rose
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow "

🎨🎨🎨

role
— giving houdini a run for his money

name
— nicolas kae-knott

nicknames
nico— his parents used to call him nico. his father said it as a sigh or in a warning tone. his mother said it in a huff or in a sweet tone of affection while she detangled his curls as a child. his siblings used to call him nico at times too, especially when they were too little to pronounce all of "nicolas." no one has called him nico in a while.
nick— a brief, shortcut name. teachers will often ask if they can call him nick. he doesn't prefer it, but oftentimes, they will do so anyway. it's instinctual, he guesses.
nickie— only his old best friend used to do that. dickie called him nickie when they were children— see? they matched! it was funny. no one else could call him nickie besides dick. or, he supposed, no one else did. he'd never officially banned anyone from it.

age
— eighteen

birthday
— september tenth

gender
— male

sexual orientation
— he tells people that he is asexual, at times, and yet they often do not believe him because his girlfriend, one of the prettiest girls at this art institute, begs to differ. seriously, they don't understand how that happened. when nickie is 5'4" and spends all his time in that art room, cramped up against that huge canvas, can barely focus on one thing for five seconds, is constantly bouncing his knee, and has burn scars across his forearms, chest, and neck plain as day, and gets asked daily if he's a freshman or not, and doesn't respond to ninety-percent of what people tell him. and in reality, he's bisexual, although he hasn't necessarily told anyone. not even his girlfriend, gemma, who people are continuously shocked by. in reality, she likes him for his personality, she says. sometimes he thinks she just thinks she can fix him. he wishes she would stop trying.

middle school
— nickie was a hurricane in middle school. possessing the sweetest baby face in the town, he had the personality that one would never expect to accompany it. he loved to watch rated r movies, picking up profanity-laden phrases and mature concepts from a young age that he loved to shove into others' faces and laugh. he was a tough guy. he could withstand anything. he was an older brother of two. he had to be tough, as an example for them. as a kid, he had a fear of dogs. so when he was twelve, he ran up to the neighbor's chained dog (adorned with a 'beware of dog' sign right in front of it) and tried to feed it out of his hand. he always had to face his fears. or even his hesitations, once he got more advanced. nickie was an active kid. he couldn't focus in a classroom. like genuinely, he couldn't. he had such bad adhd that he was diagnosed very early on and medicated. it didn't seem to help much, though. it made him struggle in school, but it was outside the classroom where he truly shone. art was used to help him focus and to help him express himself in a healthy way, by his parents and eventually by his teachers. he was very good. he drew portraits of those he knew and himself, and even drew animals, such as his pets. his parents were very proud and showed it off to the other parents, as these were highly realistic drawings for such a young child to produce. he hated showing them off. they were a secret. art was lame. he jumped off a roof once as a child. he also rode his bike off a roof once. it was a really nice bike. it broke. he broke his arm so badly in 3 places that he had to get pins in it. oops. when he got decent grades one year, he got rewarded with his own pet snake and lizard, named freddy and jason respectively. he always had scrapes everywhere. he was pretty short, but not the shortest, and had wild curly hair he never cut unless his bangs grew past his eyes. then it was trimmed. dickie was his best friend, and he showed him how to do everything he knew how. like swing upside down on a tree. climb up to a roof. drink a bottle of hot sauce. everything.