dixie o'malley

tw underlined ⚠️

tw underlined ⚠️

" sometimes i don't think it's ever gonna get better. "

NAME; dixon shaun o'malley
NICKNAMES: dixie (everyone calls him this, as no one except his parents has called him dixon in ages. if someone called him dixon, he'd assume they're angry, disappointed, or concerned), dix (either as a joke, or as a simple shortening of an already short name), foxie (simply because he's so fast, clever, and cunning on the football field. it also sounds similar to his name).
NAME MEANING: "son of richard," "god is gracious," "stateliness."
AGE; seventeen
BIRTHDAY; june 6th
GENDER; male
ETHNICITY; irish
NATIONALITY; american
SEXUALITY; bisexual
EDUCATION; attending west high school
HANDLES; @/d1x1eboy on instagram (recently wiped and deleted) and snapchat.

SPORTS; dixie was the starting quarterback and captain for west's football team, before the season ended, of course. he ran track his freshman and sophomore years (sprints), but stopped to focus on football, and conditioning for football. currently, he is hoping to play football for auburn university, and he has been in conversations with the coach who would gladly add him to the team— he's just anxious about getting in to the university, due to academic struggles.
HEALTH; first, dixie was diagnosed with pretty severe dyslexia when he was in the second grade. he struggled to read, and really could only read when the words were upside-down. ever since then, he's been working hard to overcome this, which is why he studies so intensely (and which is also why his language requirement has been waived), but dixie still doesn't feel confident enough to tackle a whole book just for fun, and sometimes still flips his school materials upside-down. second, dixie was diagnosed with depression when he was in the seventh grade. he really struggled with that and with anger issues (as well as self-injury), and has been in therapy since then (and on anti-depressants) to help compensate. he has had to go into inpatient treatment twice before in his life (seventh grade, and the summer before junior year). he tends to have high peaks and very low valleys. if you ask him, football and his friends have helped more than he could ever express. he's only ever told his friends about this challenge. he has also torn his ACL before in his freshman year, on the football field. he would describe it as pure agony, and he's always now exceptionally careful to warm up, and to slow down while he stops running, and tells his teammates to do the same. he has had two concussions in the past.

SCHEDULE;
— remedial english, taught by mrs. platt
— precalculus, taught by mr. scott
— biology, taught by ms. hernandez
— government taught by mrs. zhu
— team sports taught by coach hristov
— drawing taught by mrs. adams
— woodshop taught by mr. taylor-brahms
— home room taught by mrs. krishna