🏆 calvin alexander brown 🏆

ROLEyour parents' favorite topic

ROLE
your parents' favorite topic

NAME
calvin alexander brown

NICKNAMES
cal— many people call him cal, but he'd say the most frequent users would have to be his bros. they often tend to call him cal as shorthand, as they typically have to call out his name rather quickly to grab his attention over the forty other people attempting to grasp it at the same time.
sunshine— okay, this one is primarily used by his mother. calvin tend to cringe at it at times, but it used to make him feel quite good. sometimes he feels bad that it doesn't anymore.
vinnie— caleb, who he supposes is his best friend by nature of being the only friend he was ever real with, even if it was by accident, calls him vinnie. calvin doesn't mind this too much. however, caleb is the only one allowed to do it.
the dumb one— one of delilah's friends, or at least, that's who he thinks it was, once called him that in high school, referring less, he thinks, to his grades or intelligence, but to his lack of drive to study and lack of... well, general "nerdiness." he hated it. it cut deeply, and has affected many of his actions ever since. it is how he feels, though. the dumb one. the lazy one. the one who had everything gifted to him. silver spoon. that's what he calls himself sometimes.

AGE
seventeen

BIRTHDAY
december 15th
— calvin never had to worry about not getting enough gifts, as his birthday was rather close to christmas. being his parents' favorite, he got more than enough gifts. as he got older, he started disliking getting them. he didn't really deserve them, did he? not like delilah did.

GENDER
male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION
bisexual
— calvin isn't out to his parents, of course. maybe he had a crush on one of delilah's friends growing up, sure. but he'd never tell them that. he never even told delilah that. the only person who knows is caleb. not even the rest of the boys know about this. after all, every prom and every homecoming (he was homecoming and prom king both years, don't you know?) he accompanied what michelle would deem "a nice young lady." that was the way it was supposed to be. the perfect golden son would find the perfect golden girlfriend.

MIDDLE SCHOOL
chill and funny. those are the two words most students at his middle school would choose to describe him. well, that and insanely infuriating because of how often his parents and perhaps even your parents would bring him up. he was a handsome little guy, as his mother would always describe him, with perfectly straight teeth (he never needed braces) and clear skin (he didn't even moisturize and he didn't spend a day on accutane). he was tall for his age, too, with a bright, easy smile. he was thin, tall and lithe, with a golden tan at all times, not just in the summer. big blue eyes, that sometimes looked green (they were teal, some people said. typically girls who looked too closely). he had curly brown (it was dark, back then, before he learned the art of highlighting) hair, and he let it grow wild in those days. long and shiny (he never even conditioned it), and curly, and bouncy. he's often felt a tug on the back of it in class by girls. he wore hoodies (typically branded for some sports team his dad likes) everywhere. he begged for ripped jeans and then tore his own. he liked converse and vans. he hated formalwear and only wore it for necessary occasions. which was often. middle school girls always tried to ask him to the dances or slip valentine's day cards or "do you like me" notes into his locker. his mother would chuckle at his horde of suitors. he was a nice guy. he used to offer to help people frequently at his extracurriculars. he loved his twin, and they were rather close, although beginning to drift. he had bad asthma, just as he does now, and carried an inhaler around everywhere and often had to use it, gaining exemptions from certain things in gym class. he was confident, easily convincing teachers of his maturity. he had an easy laugh, and a witty sense of humor, particularly for his age. he could make anyone feel comfortable anywhere. he was calm and always relaxed anywhere, and he exuded that energy. he was confident always. a leader at birth. but that wasn't the key trait everyone was hooked on. everyone was hooked on this idea of calvin as a prodigy. he was a prodigy at the piano and at violin, both facts which drew breaths away among parents. he was fantastic at sports, highly talented and skilled, particularly for his age. he was amazing at spelling. his grades were spectacular. he scored lead roles at acting all the time. and he didn't even have to /try./ that's what being a prodigy meant, after all. people were often jealous of him. often to a toxic degree.