pyp mourningshade 🕊️

NAME ☾ pyper mourningshadeNICKNAMES ☾ pypTITLES ☾ lord mourningshade, first sword- born to a lower house, the death of pyp's father at a young age only solidified the weakness of his house

NAME pyper mourningshade
NICKNAMES pyp
TITLES lord mourningshade, first sword
- born to a lower house, the death of pyp's father at a young age only solidified the weakness of his house. how was the house mourningshade expected to be taken seriously when it was headed by a boy? however, some still saw pyp as a threat. first, his handsomeness and rare, down-to-earth charm made him a prime subject of desire among highborn girls. many a young woman either rejected or almost rejected their arranged marriages with pretentious, scrawny nobles from the highest houses in hopes of pursuing pyp. second, his skills with a sword. he was in the military of manaria, best described as a knight, and one of the very best of the lot. hence his promotion to 'first sword,' meaning the strongest sword of the knights. he was vicious with a sword, talented and his art honed to a high degree. in other words, he was dangerous. third, he often criticized those from the highborn houses. he never was one for watching his tongue, and it caught up with him.
AGE twenty-four
GENDER male
SEXUALITY bisexual
SPECIES human (?)
- while the average manarian would assume that he is a human, having been, of course, born as one as a highborn noble of manaria, this is actually not the case. since returning from lunaria, he has been different, one could say. during his daring escape, he stumbled into the territory of a certain clan of wolves. attacked by them, he managed to get away. and yet, he hardly escaped unharmed. with the injury, sustained by a strong bite to the torso, pyp has been different ever since, particularly around the cycles of the moon... he has taken care to conceal this fact from others. truly, pyp's species status could now best be described as werewolf.

PERSONALITY pyp is, as many visitors to the manor mourningshade have commented, an absolute brute. whether this comment was made with laughter or scorn depends on the nature of the visitor, and yet, the overall impression remains. while his upbringing was wealthy, part of him has scorned that. pyp has learned well that the workings of a court and the workings of an aristocratic system all together are fraught with distrust. they're fraught with lies. with danger. with manipulation and backstabbing. pyp prefers his own ways to the ways of the court. which, after all, perhaps are truly more brutish. he's known for inappropriate (for the occasion) humor (perhaps, often defined as such due to its critical nature of some nobles). but god, he is funny, and many have to stifle their laughter. he's even made the highest of nobles laugh at certain times. he has a sharp wit loved by many, and he's fiercely honest. if he thinks someone in the court has a foolish idea, he will say as much. his power, money, and prestige on the battlefield have given him this ability. he's known for providing ample drinks at any gathering at house mourningshade. he's intense. he's lively. he knows how to dance, and he loves to dance; whenever there is a celebration at house mourningshade, there must be dancing. no celebration nor council meeting at the house mourningshade is ever complete without pyp. he's wicked smart and a wickedly good swordsman (hence, of course, why he was named first sword). he was underestimated in his youth. he was used to it. he misses it. he is not underestimated any longer. he is feared by opposing forces, feared even by the lords and ladies of other houses within his kingdom. he's ruthless. he's competitive. he toys with people, trying to make them angry, and then laughing at them when he succeeds. he never takes anything too seriously, it seems. he hated the idea of becoming a lord. and yet he is one. at his core, he is a strong leader. he has the brains for it. he has the mental strength for it. he has the intensity for it that forces others to listen to him. with his siblings, however, pyp shows a more tender heart. that's why he is who he is, after all. that's why he doesn't follow formalities perfectly, because he doesn't trust them to live in a fake world of pleasantries and backstabbing. that's why he takes on the burden of lord despite never wanting it— so they don't have to. he's fiercely protective of them and strives to keep them out of much of the nastier parts of court. he practically raised them beneath him, with his siblings tailing him through court. pyp has always been generous. the house of mourningshade has been open to non-nobility to visit for banquets and when a subject of his domain comes to him, they often leave with extra gold in hand. he's not greedy nor fixated on money. he merely sees gold as a tool. he's unambitious. he doesn't want more than why at he has. in fact, in some regards, he wants less than what he has. to some, this makes him more trustworthy. he never seems to be in too much mental anguish. instead, he merely seems exasperated with the state of things. the war, his lordship, his current... state. he can seem exasperated with himself too, with sarcastic, self-deprecating comments. he isn't often particularly serious, which make his stark bouts of intensity (particularly pertaining to training, as he does work himself hard in that realm. with swordsmanship,he is a perfectionist). more noteworthy. he's persuasive without trying. regardless of his hatred for over-formalities, he comes across as more formal than the average commoner thanks to his upbringing. overall, pyp is a complicated man— while he strives not to keep himself connected too much to the court, making enemies and friends alike with his easy, generous, witty ways, his hand is forced through his need to be there for his siblings, for whom he is a staunch defender.