gaeul

🥛🍪  jeung gaeul
age; twenty-two
gender; male
sexuality; gay
faceclaim; sunwoo of the boyz
occupation; manager
languages;
understand— korean
spoken— korean (rare to hear him use it very much, though).
written— korean, english,
signed— korean, english (american)

"you're my happy place."

backstory; 00 gaeul was born in suwon as the youngest son with four older sisters who were then 7, 5, 4, and 2 years old

backstory;
00 gaeul was born in suwon as the youngest son with four older sisters who were then 7, 5, 4, and 2 years old.
01 gaeul was known to be an adorable, bubbly child with a curious and bright attitude. he was also known to love dancing and playing with stuffed animals. as a child, he could remember almost every animal noise from an early age.
02 he lived with his maternal grandparents who were quite wealthy and both parents who worked as a security guard and an elementary school teacher respectively.
03 when gaeul was five, in the winter around the christmas season, he started suddenly suffering from a high fever that only climbed and climbed, coupled with nausea, reduced consciousness, and a painful neck. his parents took him to the hospital once his fever reached dangerous levels and gaeul was diagnosed with pneumococcal meningitis.
04 he'd had to stay in the hospital for quite some time being treated and recovering (initially, the doctors thought that he might not make it, but he took a turn for the better a few days after being admitted).
05 he finally got to go home, although parts of his life had changed forever. the first being that when he woke up and recovered enough, the first thing he noticed was that his hearing was completely gone. he couldn't hear his parents speaking, the doctors, music, anything at all. gaeul had to recover from this realization too, as it was quite traumatic for the small child. (he also suffers from chronic migraines as a result).
06 he learned sign language then as a child (his family learned it too) and learned how to lip read as well. he could still speak, but one of his sisters told him that his voice sounded different than it used to, which was a combination of the illness damaging speech patterns and his hearing having been taken away at an important stage in his language development. this ability fell a little out of disuse over the years.
07 gaeul went to a boarding school for deaf students from when he was eleven to when he was fifteen.
08 when he would return home for vacations and visits, his grandmother would teach him how to cook. his sisters were awful at it, but gaeul was the only one who was good in the kitchen.
09 once, he had an argument with his mother where they were signing back and forth, and she finally signed 'won't you stop yelling at me?' and the two burst into laughter.
10 gaeul's sisters have always babied him mostly due to his age, and always will. while he was at boarding school, they would send him care packages full of treats from home and small gifts whenever they could, and they still do whenever his schedule is particularly rigorous.
11 when he was fifteen, his parents divorced, which greatly surprised (and upset) gaeul. he moved back home from his boarding school to go to the same school his youngest sister attended at this time and to live with his mother and maternal grandparents who had moved to seoul. his father remarried and slowly stopped visiting as often.
12 while gaeul really struggled at first to make friends, and was bullied for his first year at his new high school, he managed to make one of his first friends (a sweet student named chaeyoung) that year— who incidentally, was very interested in idol groups, something that he noted although he was never a big fan for obvious reasons.
13 his sister closest in age had always been... one could say intensely critical which sprung from jealousy. she was always cruel to him, which usually involved taking his favorite belongings and breaking them, making fun of him, and pointing out flaws he was insecure about. this intensified in high school.
14 to be honest, gaeul would say that his parents overly babied him when he was growing up and especially when he was attending high school.
15 right when he'd reached his peak and was about to tell his parents about his sister and about the treatment at school, he was walking back from his high school. when all of a sudden, a man came up to him and offered for him to audition for an idol company due to his looks. gaeul communicated that he couldn't really. however, feeling a little bad, the man told him that, he could offer him a job after school. gaeul agreed.
16 for his first job with the idol company, gaeul fetched water and food for the idols during practices and cleaned training rooms.
17 since he had worked hard at that job (after a bit of a disastrous first day he doesn't talk about) when he graduated high school, they asked him if he'd like to continue his work, but with a promotion. gaeul agreed.
18 he worked for a rookie girl group for two years. they absolutely loved him as their manager and would always ask for him whenever another manager checked in on them. he would cook for them in the mornings (they liked his food too!) before they woke up and leave after their day had ended. they were, needless to say, pretty sad when he got promoted to move onto a boy group, which he's currently been working with for a year.

trivia;00 gaeul was photographed with his rookie girl group and a couple times with his boy group more recently, and was posted in the internet for being cute

trivia;
00 gaeul was photographed with his rookie girl group and a couple times with his boy group more recently, and was posted in the internet for being cute. he doesn't really understand this or believe it, if he's being honest, but if he's known for anything, it's for being the cute manager.
01 he has everyone's favorite drinks memorized in case he thinks they need a treat.
02 gaeul gives the best hugs, i promise. they're just bear hugs, but with extra love.
03 he is quite germophobic and doesn't like to touch most public surfaces or linger around huge crowds for too long. this is primarily because his immune system is quite weak.
04 he can cook excellently (with lots of love) for his idols and often does, making sure that they eat healthy and well. he typically cooks his grandmother's old recipes for them.
05 gaeul is extremely organized and has a schedule ready for the idols in advance for them to know what's coming up, and always ensures that they're on time and prepared for events.
06 gaeul recently made himself an instagram page, which he's quite proud of since he's never really had social media before that.
07 his new group has a thai member in it, so he's been trying to learn to read and understand thai.
08 gaeul is openly out as gay.
09 he suggests times to his idols to do a v-live or to put out other content, like where they might want to take a photo to post.
10 gaeul is mildly allergic to animal fur.
11 if music is very loud, he can feel the beat through the floor or if he has his hand on a speaker. he enjoys this quite a bit.
12 he very seriously believes in crystals for improving/gaining different positive qualities and has several and likely provides them to his idols as well.
13 he loves to watch dramas as well as american tv in his spare time.
14 at his old boarding school, he was the star of the school play two years in a row.
15 gaeul is awful at all sports and athletic endeavors. even things like picking up heavy boxes or running after people aren't as easy for him.
16 he is awful at board games and tends to lose immediately no matter what the game is.
17 gaeul doesn't laugh out loud very often, but when he does, it sounds so delightfully happy that it's adorable.
18 he can get shy in front of those he doesn't regularly interact with.
19 people would most likely describe him as a teddy bear. however, he gets quite nervous and protective about his idols (and by extension his job), which makes him seem as if he's in a fatherly, nervous role to these idols.
20 he is left-handed.
21 he has a naturally very high metabolism and slender body shape.
22 one of his favorite hobbies is reading, specifically plays.
23 he still keeps up with the old rookie girl group. they text him occasionally and he still watches some of their v-lives, and he sends encouragement and congratulations regularly.
24 he was a little below average in terms of his grades at school.
25 he has a goldfish at his apartment which he keeps in a special tank just for it. its name is seungho.
26 he is deathly afraid of hospitals and of doctors