Part 73 - The Wrong Ally

A few weeks ago...

After meeting with Akira, Eclipse was running as fast as she could to get away.

"Hey!" Kata jumped before her, making Eclipse fall back.

"Uh! Leave me alone!" Eclipse detested.

"Whoa. Whoa. Calm down, ma darlin~ you're in safe hands," Kata offered her a hand with a smirk on her face.

Eclipse picked herself up, gazing up at her untrusting hand with narrow eyes.

"So, what's your deal? Akira scare ya? Haha! Don't mind him! He ain't nothin!" Kata laughed.

".... if he is nothing... I am a result of nothingness..." Eclipse mumbled, turning away to the side.

....

"Wow. You're like his secret love child," Kata muttered a narrow expression.

Eclipse meet her gaze in offence before looking away again.

"... Well, I was created for him..." Eclipse mumbled.

"Whoa! You were created?! Wait, you're Eclipse, right?? Yeah, Akira's toy!!" Kata recalled Eclipse's reputation.

"I am not his TOY!!" Eclipse glitched in anger as her voice demonified. 

"Whoa, whoa, chill. I get your gist. You're done with having to serve that royal pain in the arse?! He's limiting your potential, right? That why ya running?" Kata asked, jumping into her personal space.

"I need to take things into my own hands... he refuses to make the decisions this kingdom needs. He just... won't listen to me," Eclipse grunted.

"Oh my god! Same!!" Kata cheered.

"Err......." Eclipse muttered with concern.

"He's a total moron! No wonder he refuses to listen to us when we're only tellin' him the truth! With all the sins he's made, he deserves to be kicked off the throne!" Kata claimed.

"... sins?" Eclipse hesitated to find out what this girl actually knew of Akira.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I forgot not everyone knows about it yet... Hm! Well, I'll let you in on a secret. Akira ain't as great as he seems. He's been betraying us all for years!" Kata told her.

How does she....?!

"And what proof do you have to support such accusation?" Eclipse asked.

"You don't believe me???  Wow, weird. I'd have thought someone who's stayed by Akira's side all her life would know about his misdoings. Hm. Well, no worries!! As soon as I get that machine back, I'll expose the truth to everyone and prove Akira is nothing but a pathetic traitor!" Kata declared.

Machine...?! This doesn't sound good...! All this time, I've been trying to better Akira. I never even considered the possibility of his throne being threatened!

"Are you saying you have a machine that could expose Akira...?" Eclipse asked.

"Well, I don't got it yet. But I will do once I ask my friend where it is," Kata replied.

"And when I do, everyone will hail me as Miss Kata, the great and all-mighty queen of the underworld!! Or Queek K for short~" Kata went on.

"You're not the Queen of the underworld..." Eclipse corrected her.