Part 50.5 - Vampires?!

Luna caught up with Yurio outside...

"I hope we still have enough for seeds...." she mumbled, looking down at the bags of things they had brought.

"Seeds are like one jewel, Luna," Yurio reminded her as they walked.

"Oh! We need to get Yukine something, too!!" Luna suddenly mentioned, turning energetically at Yurio.

"Why?" Yurio asked in confusion.

"Because he saved our lives," Luna reminded him.

"Uh... Umm... yeah, I guess that's true. What should we get him?" Yurio wondered, turning his gaze awkwardly, not loving being reminded of how Yukine saved him.

"I don't know... we really don't know him that well yet, so I'm not sure what he'd like," Luna mumbled in thought.

"Well, he seems to like hoodies," Yurio mentioned.

"Maybe we could buy him a n--" he went to say.

"WE CAN MAKE HIM A CUSTOM ONE WITH ECHO!!! Come on, let's go back to get materials!!" Luna decided, dragging Yurio back to the pricey shop.

"Gah!!" Yurio let out from being pulled along.

After browsing the vibrant market stalls for a while, Luna and Yurio couldn't resist the allure of the local library. They entered the building, their hands filled with packets of exotic seeds.

As they stepped inside, they were greeted by towering bookshelves reaching towards the ceiling. The shelves were crafted from rich mahogany, their polished surfaces reflecting the warm glow of the ambient lighting. Sunlight filtered through large windows adorned with colourful stained glass, casting vibrant patterns on the polished wooden floors.

Luna's eyes widened in awe as she gazed at the vast collection of books that lined the shelves.

"Whoa! There's so many!!" she exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement.

Yurio glanced around, his expression slightly sceptical. He saw there were comfortable reading nooks scattered throughout the library, decorated with plush armchairs and small tables. Everything seemed so cosy.

"Not quite as many as our library, though. Strange. I would have thought a village's library would be way bigger than ours," he muttered.

"Yeah! Hehe! Guess we have all the secrets!!! I haven't even made a dent in reading it all yet," Luna giggled.

"Well, we can still see if there's anything interesting here," Yurio suggested, determined to make the most of their visit.

"Definitely!" Luna agreed.

They started looking around...

"Mmm........" the librarian was glaring at them, hiding under the desk.

"Look, Yurio! There's a book about spells! Do you think there's anything about the ones Yukine knows??" Luna asked.

"Check the index," Yurio suggested.

"The wha?" Luna asked.

"The index. You know, the keywords listed at the end of the book? They help you find things quicker," Yurio returned.

"Oooooh," Luna exclaimed.

"You... didn't know that??" Yurio let out with slight concern, knowing how much Luna reads.

"No....." Luna pouted like a child.

"Hm. Well, now you do," Yurio smiled with slight amusement that Luna, who he'd known to be a bookworm, didn't know what an index was.