Part 69 - Not Fighting Alone

Luna clung to Yurio as she cried her eyes out. Meanwhile, Infinity was still being tackled by Aki, Echo, and Yukine. Hiro, Atomu, and Leo fled back to safety, and Yachel was trying his best to.... cheer.... for everyone's safety.... yeah... he's not much of a fighter.

"Don't die, Echooo!!" Yachel called, waving around a stick?!

"Yachel, what are you doing?!" Echo yelled.

"Waving a white flag!!" Yachel cried.

"That's a stick!!" Echo raged.

"It's the closes I could geeettttt!" Yachel whimpered.

"A WHITE FLAG MEANS WE'RE GIVING UP, YOU IDIOT!!!" Echo raged.

"It's a good life choice! Just look at what they did to the happy one! She's crying!!" Yachel pointed over to Luna in the distance.

Meanwhile.....

"Are you ok, Luna? You're being kinda clingy," Yurio mumbled shyly.

"Shut up! I was so scared! I was so scared..." Luna cried.

"You shouldn't be scared. I'm still here, aren't I? And so are you. It's ok. We were strong..." Yurio smiled.

Luna didn't let go of him. She couldn't stop herself from crying.

"What about me?! Ya think I got stabbed protecting ya just cause I'm a masochist?!" Galaxy yelled, clinging to her bleeding stomach.

Ignoring the complaining Galaxy, Luna continued...

"If I hadn't moved the weapon....! You would have been killed, Yurio! Do you even realise that?! Don't ever do that again! You said you wouldn't ever try and protect me like that!"

"And you agreed not to get mad if I didn't get hurt," Yurio replied.

"But I was so scared!" Luna cried.

Yurio hesitated to reply...

He saw the tears shake down her face as she leaned on his shoulders and tightened her arms around him, fingers clinging to him desperately.

Yurio lifted Luna's hair behind her ear as she leaned back, trying to dry her tears. Yurio placed his hand on her shoulder and gently kissed her forehead as he wrapped his other arm around her back and held her close. Luna started to calm down and eventually stopped crying.

Flashback...

"Yurio... Yurio, wake up. Yurio....!" Luna mumbled, opening the tent Yurio was sleeping in outside.

"Uh! Luna? What are you doing out here?! You'll freeze," Yurio chucked himself up as he noticed Luna beside him

"But... I can't sleep," Luna admitted.

"Uh... well, being out here won't help. You'll catch a cold," Yurio told her.

"But you're out here!" Luna pointed out.