Part 47 - Uncovered Connections

Adorable Fanart of Luna!! Look how cute and amazing this is!!! Aghhh, I love it so much!! 😆😆⬆️ It's by TakaIsAVibe:) on Instagram. Their TikTok is @_abbreviated_hinata_

And so, everyone returned to Shadow Moon to find night had fallen.

Mostly everyone had gone to bed. In the kitchen, however, a few were still awake...

Echo was treating the unconscious Yurio by using her sunlight magic to seal his wounds. On the counter was some pain medicine she had given him. Leo stood holding his hand like the worried little brother he was.

Aki and Luna were also there since Luna had only recently gained consciousness.

"Feeling any better?" Aki asked, peeling off the moist flannel he was dabbing on her head.

"A little..." Luna mumbled, sitting on a chair by the kitchen table with her arm bandaged.

"It might take some time to mentally recover from getting all your memories back. Just take your time letting everything sink in," Echo told her as she wrapped bandages around Yurio's injuries.

"Right..." Luna mumbled, her gaze lowered.

"Is Yuri gonna be ok?" Leo asked.

"With my handy work, he should recover in no time!" Echo proudly claimed.

"Don't worry, Leo. Yurio's really strong; he'll be ok!" Luna comforted him, voice low from her lack of energy.

"There we go. Good as new," Echo brushed her hands together as if she'd just finished making something.

"....." Leo frowned upon seeing the mess of bandages wrapped around his brother.

"Yikes. You tryna make him into a friggin' mummy?" Aki asked.

"Hey, it's never too late to cosplay!" Echo pointed out, perhaps trying to lighten the mood.

"Up we go!" Echo lifted Yurio onto her back to carry him to his room. Leo grabbed her hand as she made her way to the door.

"And she's supposed to be the responsible one," Aki muttered with concern, watching Echo stumble by.

"Hey, I don't see you carrying him up two flights of stairs!!" Echo grunted.

"That's because you're so super strong!" Aki complimented.

"Hm. You bet I am," she grumbled, leaving the room.

"Goodnight, Leo!" Luna called.

Leo pulled on Echo's hand to stretch back enough for Luna to see his wave.

"Hmhm," Luna giggled at his adorableness.

"She's a softy at heart, ain't she?" Aki smirked.

"Yeah, haha. Echo's always had a rough exterior... but she can also be really sweet and kind. Especially when she's in big sister mode, haha," Luna smiled fondly.

"She's like you that way," she added, turning to Aki.

"Huh?? What's that supposed to mean??" Aki asked.

"Well, you might be all jokey and outgoing on the outside, but deep down, you have a sweet and sensitive side. And it seems to only come out when you're being a responsible big brother," she teased.

"Ay, don't say stuff like that out loud! I gotta reputation ta keep, ya know?!" Aki smirked.

"Hmhm..." Luna giggled with a small blush.

"Hm..." Aki smiled as he got up and ruffled her hair.

"I'll get you another one of these before you head up to bed," he picked up the flannel he was using to help Luna's head feel better.