Part 50 - Shopping :D

Pixel Luna ^•^ ⬆️

Walking through the forest to Oakville...

"No way. So Eclipse just left?!" Yurio sought confirmation.

"Seems so. I just can't believe she was pretending all this time! I mean, she even tried to protect me against Hiro! And she saved me from that huge wolf too!" Luna went on.

"I guess that was her trying to get your trust. Or maybe she did just want to expose your memories, so had to keep you alive?" Yurio figured.

"Uughh! People can be so mean," she grumbled.

"Haha! That's what you say when you find out someone's manipulated their way into your family?" Yurio laughed.

"W-well, it is mean!! Deceiving someone like that just to fool them into trusting you... Hm! Well, I won't be making that mistake again! From now on, I'm gonna be super on guard! Everyone is now a potential threat...!" Luna grumbled with a pout, pulling her fists together in front of her chest as she looked about her like some ninja.

"Uh... but... not me, right?" Yurio asked with a sad look.

"Awah! No, of course not you, Yurio! I'll always trust you!" Luna smiled.

Yurio blushed with a smile.

"Hm. It's fun to spend time with you like this. Just wandering around in the fresh air, surrounded by nature. It's like a dream... I could stay in this moment forever," Yurio smiled to himself.

"Walking forever? That sounds more like a nightmare!" Luna cried.

"Hmhm. Hey, you're the one who said she needed to train more. If you build up your body strength, you'll be able to fight longer. Plus, it might help you use Akira's magic," Yurio reminded her.

"That's true, I guess..." Luna mumbles, seeming somewhat disheartened.

Yurio glimpsed back at her.

"What's up?" he wondered.

"Well... it's just... *sigh* I don't know. Training and getting stronger... well, it just seems so... pointless now," Luna mumbled.

"Uh... how come? I thought you were really determined to get stronger? You were the one lecturing me about it like 10 minutes ago," Yurio mentioned with a grin.

"I knowww. I do want to get strong, but... well, before, I believed I could gain the power to change the world one day... but now... now I find out that even the king of that world couldn't change it... if anything, I've only made things worse. Things in the underworld got so bad because Akira wasn't there. He was... he was with me..." Luna explained with a guilty frown.

"Well... I guess he thought you were more important than the world," Yurio smiled.

Luna gasped with a small blush. She soon shuck it off, not letting her feelings justify Akira's mistakes.

"Well, I lived in the world he was neglecting, so that's pretty stupid logic," she stubbornly remarked.

"Hm. Even if Akira hasn't changed things yet, it doesn't mean it's impossible. After all this time you've been telling me you're gonna change the world one day... well, I started to believe it. Don't go proving my faith wrong now. Otherwise, you really are no better than Akira," Yurio told her.

"Uh..." Luna's eyes filled with tears at his sweet words.

"Besides... you have everyone in Shadow Moon here to support you. If you can't reach the moon, we'll just raise you higher. Together, like you said, right?" Yurio added.