Part 38 - Jump

The next morning...

"Huh... Wha..." Echo mumbled as she rubbed her eyes.

She was behind the living room sofa, and Luna was lying on a table in the centre of the room.

"Mmmmmm," Echo moaned.

She eventually pushed up with a stumble.

"Ah! Legs... movement... not good..." she wobbled, hand on her head.

Her vision eventually returned, and she found her eyes gazing on the passed-out Luna.

"Luna... are you... alright?" Echo asked as Luna suddenly opened her eyes.

"No...." Luna croaked.

"Where are the others?" Echo wondered.

"Don't... know..." Luna mumbled as if in pain.

"Right..." Echo muttered, walking out of the room.

"Why did I let those idiots throw a stupid party anyway?" Echo asked herself in frustration.

"WHAT THE HELL?!!!!" she screamed as she looked upon what lay outside the room.

"Hey, Echo..." Yurio greeted her, with Leo carrying a trash bag next to him.

"Why is the house not a complete mess?!" Echo yelled in amazement.

"I have the responsibility of looking after Leo, so made sure not to drink. We cleaned the place up for you after you passed out. Oh, and it was a complete mess. You guys are unbelievably irresponsible; you know that?" Yurio lectured her, making Echo shrink in shame with every word.

"Understood..." she cried.

"Thank you, Yurio!" she added.

"No problem. Galaxy and Aki are literally in the closet, by the way. The one on the third floor. Hiro ran off with his dragon. I think he said something about preparing for world domination. Eclipse went to find him. The twins went out to train for a few hours. And Atomu is asleep on the dining room table. I don't think you wanna go in there..." Yurio summarised.

"Yeah... I don't, either. Luna's in the living room if you wanted to attempt livening her up. I can't believe Galaxy swapped the lemonade... and her stupid game!!" Echo grumbled, kicking a can on the ground.

"Ah, sorry," she soon remembered who was cleaning up.

"Yeah, so much for giving Luna the Atomu treatment. How much did she end up drinking?" Yurio asked, picking up the can.

"I don't know, but however much it was, it was too much. Never again..." Echo shivered.

"Right..." Yurio awkwardly agreed, putting the can in the bag of rubbish.

Echo stumbled up the stairs but then turned back to Yurio.

"Oh, yeah. Did you go out somewhere last night? Luna was looking everywhere for you. She was worried," Echo mentioned.

"Just went out training for a bit," Yurio lied.

Echo gazed at him while Yurio's remained diverted.

She hesitated...

"Careful not to overwork yourself, Yurio. We worry about you, you know?" She mentioned.

"... There's nothing to worry about," he claimed as Leo squeezed his hand.

Echo's gaze lowered, unsure whether to argue...

She decided to make her way to the third floor. She opened the door to the closet, only to step back as Aki and Galaxy stumbled out.