Part 13 - Eclipse

"Echo! Explain!" Luna demanded.

"What lies was Akira talking about?!! Have you both been lying to me?!" Luna questioned with a lack of trust remaining in her eyes.

Her gaze locked with her sister's.

"Ah...! No, well- ... y-you have to trust me on this. It's not the right time to tell you," Echo tried to put lightly.

"Tell me what?!! What have you been keeping from me?? And what did Akira mean by 'start over'?!" Luna ranted.

"He... well, the thing is, he... ok, look, Akira... he had a secret, ok? But I can't tell you. I'm sworn to a promise..." Echo told her.

"A secret? To do with me?? Why can't you tell me?? Is it something to do with my memories?!" Luna desperately sought to know.

"Look, it's... kind of a long story... one that Akira promised to tell you himself," Echo added.

"He's keeping something from me? And you knew all this time?!!" Luna crossed her eyebrows and pushed her lips together, causing her face to go red.

"I'm so sorry, Luna. I told him he needs to tell you!" Echo insisted.

"Tell me what?!!" Luna yelled.

"I can't say...! It's bigger than me, ok?! Akira promised he'd tell you one day!" Echo tried to excuse.

"Why can't you just tell me now?!! What is it he's been lying about?!" Luna demanded to know.

Echo hesitated, words failing her.

Luna's frustration grew, seeing Echo's reluctance to be honest with her.

"Uh!! I can't believe this!! Out of everyone, I never would have thought you'd lie to me, Echo!!" she stormed downstairs.

"Uh! Luna, wait, just hear me out!" Echo ran after her.

But suddenly, as Luna stormed towards the door...

"Uh!" Echo gasped as a giant creature pounced through the glass window behind Luna!

"GET DOWN!!" Echo yelled as Luna heard the broken glass behind her and dropped to the floor instinctively.

Echo quickly shot a burning laser of sunlight at the creature, causing it to crash into the wall just before it could land an attack on Luna. Bits of wood and glass shattered across the floor, over Luna.

Luna looked up from the floor to meet the faded dark eyes of an oversized black wolf!

"Move!" Echo called, running past her and grabbing Luna's hand to pull her up.

"What was that?!" Atomu wondered from outside the house, hearing the sudden noise.

"Luna!" Yurio called as Echo and Luna sprinted to the door, Luna's hand dragged by Echo's.

The wolf broke down the wooden entrance as it leapt after them, body launching out of the house.

Luna's foot tripped on a strip of wood attached to the floor, causing her body to stumble forward.

The wolf's teeth were seconds away from catching Luna's hand!

Luna crashed into Echo on the grass as the wolf vanished, mid-jump, with a single swipe of a.... scythe...?!

Luna gasped as her eyes opened to see a girl standing before the door with long, dark-green hair, tightly tied up in a high ponytail.