Part 19.5 - New Recruits

"Eh, hem! Ten strawberry milkshakes, please," Echo added to a passing waiter, trying to move away from the tension of the conversation.

"Of course. Are you expecting company?" the waiter asked.

"No..." Echo said plainly.

"Err... right," he mumbled, walking away.

"We'll pay for that if you'd like, Mistress," Haru offered.

"You have money??" Echo questioned.

"Kyou can make metals from his magic!! So we've been selling some here to pay for food and accommodation," Haru beamed.

"Oh. I guess I didn't realise you knew magic, too. Makes sense if you're soldiers, I suppose, though. So you've been in the city for a while, then?" Echo asked.

"A few weeks, yes," Haru smiled.

"Echo! There you are!" Luna's voice suddenly entered the building.

The boys turned to the sound of her voice. They gazed at her and shared the same expression that was almost impossible to read.

"Gah! How did you find me?!" Echo snapped.

"It's a milkshake bar........" Luna replied.

"Damn! You're good," Echo pouted.

Luna giggled as she approached the table.

"Sorry for storming off on you. But hey, to make it up to you, I have some recruits!" Echo pointed out the boys sat opposite her.

"Recruits...?" Luna repeated in confusion.

"Yup. They're gonna help us change the world," Echo explained.

"Meet Haru Amano," Echo pointed to the blue haired-boy.

"And his brother, Kyou Amano..." she finished.

"Oh, hi! It's nice to meet you!" Luna beamed.

"... you too," Kyou hesitated to reply.

"Hi there," Haru nervously inputted.

"And erm... how did you guys end up agreeing to something like this? I mean, I'm having trouble convincing our friends about my mission, let alone complete strangers," Luna wondered with nervous laughter.

"Your mission is to change a world we've been trapped in for far too long... of course, we want to help you. It would mean everything to us," Haru smiled.

"Also, we are kind of stranded here now," Kyou added as a side note.

Luna gasped with a blush to their cooperation.

"See? You're not the only one holding faith anymore, Luna," Echo smiled to her.

"Um! Thank you both so much!!" Luna bowed to them in tears.

"It's an honour," Haru smiled shyly back.

"Oh, and if you betray us, I'll kill you," Echo couldn't hold back from adding.

"Hm! If anyone even thinks of betraying you... We will end them!" Kyou threatened.

Haru nodded in agreement.

"Ah! They're Yandere twins?!!" Luna squealed with concern.

"... nnnnooooo........" Echo mumbled, looking to the side awkwardly.

The waiter came over and dropped off a tray of ten milkshakes as they stayed quiet...

"Wait," Luna suddenly caught on.