Part 2.5 - Fly High

Adorable fanart of Akira and Luna by the incredibly talented JahdysLavenza ! 💖💖💖⬆️

A few moments later...

"Come on, Luna! You can do it!" Akira called from below a small cliff that I was standing on.

"But it's so scaaaarryyy!!" I trembled in tears, looking down in fear of the intimidating height.

"IT'S BEEN TWENTY MINUTES, LUNA!!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE ALREADY!!" Echo snapped.

"Echo!" Akira growled.

"What?! I've got better things to do than wait around in case I need to catch the small child!" she lectured him.

"But it's an important part of her life!" Akira urged, tone a lot more sympathetic than Echo's barks.

"That shouldn't take so damn long to get over with!" Echo argued.

"So you don't care if she falls and gets hurt?" Akira challenged with a smirk.

"Why the hell would I?! She's gonna get hurt anyway, so why not let her learn the hard way?! Why should I waste my time waiting for her to make a mistake?! This was your idea anyway, and I, for one, couldn't care less if-"

"Echo, she's falling," Akira informed as he watched me jump and fail to use my delicate wings.

"OH, FOR THE LOVE OF-- LUNA!" Echo quickly released her mighty wings, zooming to catch me.

Akira sighed.

"A demon afraid of heights... this can't end well," he grumbled, shaking his head.

"Ahhhhh heh hehhh!!!" I cried out as Echo caught me.

"Stop crying. Look, I've got you," Echo sighed, flying higher.

"Then put me dowwwwwwn!!" I cried.

"What are you even scared of?" Echo asked.

"Being this high up!!" I whimpered.

"Hm," Echo suddenly flew even higher!!!!

"AH- WAIT!! What are you doing?!!!" I squealed, squinting my eyes shut.

"Open your eyes," Echo told me.

I slowly opened them, my body shaking.

I gasped, seeing the stunning view of the island. I could see all the tall trees, some fallen from Echo's training. Vibrant plants scattered the land beautifully. The peaceful river weaved in and out, leading to the endless sea.

"You shouldn't be scared to fly so high. Just look at what you can see because of it. This is freedom, Luna. Be proud of it," Echo told me.

"Mm..." I let out, still a little nervous.