Part 13.5 - His Lies

They reached the shore where they had crashed their boat...

"Err... guys........ where's the boat?!!" Luna squealed as they reached the place they'd left the boat.

"Who the heck could have stolen our boat?! I thought this place was supposed to be abandoned?! This isn't treasure-hunty at all!" Atomu complained.

"You've never been treasure hunting before, have you?" Yurio mentioned with narrow eyes.

"Oh no......." Eclipse muttered.

"Something you wanna say, Eclipse?!" Echo grunted.

"I... think I might know who took it......" she mumbled nervously.

"Well, speak up," Echo insisted.

"I believe the boat may have been stolen... by Hiro..." she told them.

"Hero...?" Luna repeated in confusion.

"Hiro Mashima, a demon who was stranded here with me. He retreated from the underworld after trying to overrule the king and whatnot-"

"Oh no....." Echo sighed deeply.

"He was seeking revenge, so wanted to overthrow him. To not much success, however. He believes he's some invincible warrior... when, in reality, he is, in fact, very much below average," Eclipse explained.

"So he's delusional?" Aki summarised.

"So he's Luna?" Galaxy repeated.

"Hey!!" Luna grunted.

"Is this Hiro, a surface demon with blue hair and a baby dragon?" Echo recalled.

"The one that fell out the tree?" Yurio assumed.

"Yeah, that sounds about right. You've already met then?" Eclipse asked.

"Yeah, he was in my old village... I think," Echo mentioned.

"Uh... his village was burned down..." Eclipse mentioned.

"Yeahhhhhhh......" Echo agreed, not seeing her point.

"Are you sure it was definitely the same one? What kind of village was Hiro from exactly?" Luna asked, not wanting Echo's tragic backstory to be true.

"A dragon-taming village made up of surface demons. They also specialised in weaponry and various magical knowledge from the dragons," Eclipse explained.

".... Echo, that matches up to your skills really well," Luna turned to her sister with puppy eyes.

"Yeah, that sounds like Shadowhall...." Echo muttered awkwardly.

"Oh, yes, Shadowhall, that was the name!" Eclipse recalled.

"Of course, she knew the jerk who stole our stuff," Aki grumbled.

"Why would he take our boat??" Yurio questioned.

"Well, we did declare him our enemy," Atomu mentioned.

"No, you declared him our enemy, and then he ran away like a wimp!" Echo reminded him.

"To steal our boat!" Aki finished.

"So the moron turns genius. Who'da thunk it?" Galaxy mentioned.

"Don't you dare say called it!" Echo growled.

"I didn't call it, but the book did~" Galaxy brought out the plot book again.

"THAT BOOK'S COMPLETE BS!!" Echo challenged.

"How dare you challenge the plot! This thing's 99% legit, ya know?!" Galaxy hissed.

"HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?!! WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET IT?!!" Echo raged.