Part 28.5 - Enough is Enough

"For the last time, I DON'T HAVE A GRUDGE!! What's not to like about Luna?! She's determined, kind, selfless, a hero to the world with no clue how shitty it really is!!" Eclipse yelled, words becoming oddly sarcastic and intense.

"Hey, uncalled for!!" Yurio detested to her strong language.

Leo suddenly started whimpering, getting very panicked by the arguing. Yurio hugged him as he lowered his head. Luna felt very uncomfortable with the tension from Eclipse's outburst.

"Tst. So the fact that you're hatred towards Akira corresponds with a desire to try and kill Luna, someone you know is dear to him, is just a coincidence?" Echo asked, her tone sharp and accusatory.

Eclipse's eyebrows furrowed, her jaw clenched, her face contorted with frustration.

"... you think I'd be so petty?!" she grunted, her voice low and heated.

"Yes. I do," Echo didn't hesitate to answer, her eyes piercing and unyielding.

"Tst! Well, you're completely wrong!" Eclipse dismissed.

"I see no evidence of that," Echo returned, her expression unchanging.

"I see no evidence of me being a murderer!" Eclipse grunted, fists bashing to her sides.

"Well, wannabe murderer*. I'd never let you lay a hand on Luna," Echo replied, her voice firm and resolute.

"I'm going to the kitchen. Come on, Leo, I'll get you some cookies," Yurio sighed, tired of the arguing.

Leo grabbed his hand and walked out of the room with him.

"As a matter of fact, I'd say the evidence is remarkably against you... you've known Hiro longer than any of us, so it would make sense if you made some kind of plan with him," Kyou interjected, his voice calm but his gaze unwavering.

Eclipse grunted in response, his eyes flickering with anger.

"Like I'd be so stupid! Hiro messed up his own plan! Why would I let him in on mine?!" Eclipse ranted,  voice continuing to rise in frustration.

"So mean!" Hiro fussed.

"So you do have a plan?" Echo tested.

"My plan(!) is to show Luna the truth behind Akira's false facade!" Eclipse repeated, her tone forceful and determined.

"But you detest Akira. Why help someone dear to him?" Haru questioned, his eyes studying Eclipse carefully.

"So she'll see how cruel he really is!" Eclipse answered firmly, her jaw set.

"Why don't I believe that's your only motive?" Echo growled, her frustration reaching a boiling point.

"What you believe is of no concern to me!" Eclipse grunted back.

"Echo, I think you might be jumping to conclusions-" Luna began, her voice soft and uncertain.

"NO!!" Echo slammed her hands on the desk, interrupting Luna as Yurio and Leo returned to the room, Leo with a cookie in his hand.

"Eek!" Luna squeaked, startled by Echo's outburst.

"Nope," Yurio turned back to leave the room again, pulling Leo back with him.

"Eclipse wouldn't go that far! She just wants to help clear up the truth, like I do!" Luna defended,  her voice shaking slightly.

"Trust me, Luna, if you knew the truth, you'd agree with me," Echo claimed, her eyes blazing with conviction.