Part 22 - Never Give Up

Luna fanart >•< ⬆️

Luna panted, a lingering ache in her chest slowly subsiding like a fading storm.

"Ah... the... pain's going away..." Her breaths began to slow down.

"Uh..." Leo noticed Kazuko approaching the still-hunched-over Luna.

Leo patted Luna's shoulder in panic. Luna looked up to see his shaking gaze and turned her head to see Kazuko walking towards them.

"Uh! Leo, run!!" Luna yelled, forcing herself to her feet.

They both began to stumble away, but Kazuko caught up with Luna easily.

"Running away?" Kazuko taunted, swirling darts in his hand and slicing them through the air aimed at Luna.

The darts created an insanely-overpowered impact that smashed through the air and caught up to Luna, making her skid into the ground.

"Keep going!" she urged Leo, who had stopped to turn back to her.

Leo obliged, running as fast as he could.

"Hm. Not fighting back?" Kazuko wondered, swirling another dart in his hand, then almost dropping it.

He awkwardly coughed, forming a casual pose to maintain his cool.

"I... don't know how to fight..." Luna stuttered as she turned to look at him, tears forming in her eyes out of fear.

She shifted up slightly from the ground, but the fear of dying was forcing her down.

"Haha! What a shame..." Kazuko grinned before slicing two darts through the air, aimed at the sides of Luna.

Luna instinctively curled up in fear, burying her head in her arms. After feeling two ginormous blasts of wind barge past her, she lifted her trembling head up.

"...!!!" her eyes widened, her pupils shaking to see the tiny darts had lifted the ground on both sides of her.

Come on, Luna...! Do something!! You're gonna die if you don't fight back!!

"Lovey little creation, isn't it? Such a small, simple item, but thanks to magic alterations, it's capable of such monstrous damage," Kazuko continued to mock her as he stepped closer.

"You should know, it's not my style to be merciful... so I'd advise moving," Kazuko's tone grew dark as he got out another dart, this time aimed directly at Luna.

"Uh!!" Luna tried to think fast by creating a wall of water in front of her.

But the impact of the dart attack blasted her wall apart, sending her skidding across the ground.

"Water magic...? How interesting. Is that really a fighting magic??" Kazuko wondered, tone dripping with mockery as he restored the distance between them.

Damn it...! My water magic can't do any damage. And my plant magic? How could that possibly help?! It's not strong enough! I'm not strong enough!! I've never even fought before!! This is terrifying!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!

"Aaannnd now you're crying. Really, I was expecting more of a fight. Especially after seeing what your friend was made of," Kazuko muttered with a sigh.

Her whole body trembled. All she could hear was the blasting of guns and the exploding of grenades.

Come on, Luna!! Yurio taught you all about fighting with your magic! Just be brave and fight back! He would! Be strong! Be strong like him!

Flashback to 6 months ago...

Luna watched as Yurio released outbursts of ice with every precise movement. Snow skidded against his feet as he slid his foot back.