52: A True Love From Long Ago

Start from the beginning

Ngumuso ako sa kanya at itinulak s'ya sa noo. He giggled at me then kissed my hand. He went to fix the mess, I made. Like it was his usual thing. Well, it was really his accustomed task with me. To take care of my clumsy mess. Marunong at magaling naman akong magluto, minsan lang talaga sablay kapag malalim ang iniisip at natutulala sa mga iniisip.

He got other ingredients inside the house, and he was the one who continued cooking, while I was watching his movements. My heart was just at peace looking at him. I could watch him all day, and never get bored.

"Sorry..." I mumbled, he looked back at me, and only smiled.

My mind slowly went back to what happened, before having this peaceful and contented life with him. I'd never regret the choice I made, because this made me happy.

Nang imulat ko ang mga mata ko matapos kong mawalan ng malay sa digmaan, nasa isang gubat na ako, sa may parang kweba. May apoy malapit sa akin, at nakakarinig akong lagaslas ng tubig, na para bang may malapit sa ilog at falls sa lugar.

My body was aching especially on my abdomen part. I slowly got up, gritting the unbelievable pain. And saw that there were already herbal medicine leaves on there, and a piece of clothing wrapping it around. I held it and moaned because it was aching badly.

I checked the surrounding and no one was there. I stared at the fire that was keeping me warm. Then my eyes widened. Kinapkapan ko kaagad ang mukha ko at parang nakahinga nang maluwag nang malamang nando'n pa rin ang tabing na tela.

Gusto ko sanang tumindig sa sobrang pag-aalala at pag-iisip pero hindi ko magawa, kaya napabalik ako sa pagkakahiga. At matapos ang ilang sandali, bigla na lang akong nakarinig na parang may papalapit. Biglang kumabog ang puso ko sa kaba.

I gulped, and slowly got up. Kinapa ko ang suot ko at ang ilang gamit na nasa tabi para kumuha ng patalim. I was ready to fight and stab whoever, it was but when he entered the cave looking so worried, and shocked at the same time looking at me, I slowly brought the blade down.

"Laurentius..." I murmured, and he immediately went to me, and checked my wounds, and body. Natataranta s'ya at napangiwi ako kasi masakit talaga 'yung katawan ko, lalong-lalo na 'yung tama ko.

"Maayos ka lang? Gusto mong kumain?" he asked worriedly. I chuckled at him weakly.

"I'm good..." I tried to reach for his face, but I failed when he moved back and bowed a little. Instead of talking to me, he turned his back at saka nag-ihaw ng makakain, at naghanda rin ng pwedeng sabaw.

I sighed, and went back to laying down because I just feel so exhausted.

"Iniligtas mo ako..." I glanced at him, when I heard his voice. Although he still had his back on me.

"Bakit hindi? Iniligtas mo rin ako dati." Nakangiting sabi ko habang inaalala ang munting bata noon na walang iba kung hindi s'ya. He was confused with what I stated, and I gave him the short version of the story. He was surprised and couldn't believe that it was me.

Since I was really weak that night. I ended up sleeping while we were talking. When I wake up the next day. He was fixing my wound, and he was preparing for food, and travel. Biglang may pumihit sa puso ko nang pagkakataong 'yun.

I told him I didn't want to go back. He was against the idea. But I was firm. I was still weak that time, and he thought I'd change my mind after a week. Inalagaan n'ya ako nang sobrang ingat at hindi pinabayaan.

Bawat araw na lumipas no'n, mas lalo lang akong naging determinado na takasan ang tadhana na para sa akin, at gumawa ng panibagong bukas kasama s'ya. When I got better, we travelled together. Laughing, smiling, having the time of our lives in nature. We just... slowly fell in love with each other.