"Now listen," he said scooting closer. I slightly moved away. "What you got was a warning. You're lucky I didn't end your life because that's what I would do." A tear went down my face at the thought of him killing me.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly. I started to cry.

"I know, baby, it's okay," he said in a comforting tone. As if he didn't slap me and lock me in a room. Just the fact that he called me baby made me shudder. I'm not his baby. I hate the fact that he's making me submit to him.

"Let me clean that bruise and then there's people downstairs who wants to meet you." I nodded my head and he went to clean my wounds. The ones on my back hurt way worse than the other ones.

Once we were done, we headed downstairs. I kept my head down the whole time. We stopped once we were at the couch and I looked up and saw 2 men in front of me. One of them smiled while the other looked me up and down and I reciprocated.

"Emery," James called me. I looked over to him making sure to give eye contact. "Meet Alex." He pointed to the guy smiling at me. "He's my second in command. And he's a softy." They all chuckled.

"Shut up." Alex said laughing. "Nice to meet you, Emily. I'm Alex." He took out his hand for me to shake and I shook it softly.

"I-it's Emery." I said softly. I get shy when it comes to meeting new people.

"Oh my bad." He said scratching the back of his head. I could already tell we were going to get along.

"And this is Red." He pointed to the guy who was looking at me up and down. "He's the one who takes care of the weapons and all the equipment. Also my third in command."

"What's up, little one?" His British accent was pretty strong. I gave him a small smile. What type of equipment? Bombs?

"Emery," I looked up at him. "Go back up into my room and I'll bring you something to eat, ok?" I nodded my head and he placed a kiss on my forehead and I headed upstairs.

Why is he acting like he didn't hurt me the other day? He's acting like we're a couple. We'll never be a couple. I'll never submit myself to him. I wanna just scream it but then, he'll hurt me again. A couple minutes later, he came in with a tray of food. It had two pieces of pizza and he brought up a bottle of water too.

As much as I didn't wanna eat it, I was really hungry and the last time I didn't eat, he slapped me. I grabbed one slice of pizza and started chewing on it. He watched me until I ate all of it. I drunk half of the water bottle and wiped pizza grease off of my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Thank you." I said softly. I looked up at him and he smirked a little bit.

"You're welcome." He said. He grabbed a chair from a desk far in the corner of the room and sat in front of me.

"Emery," I looked up at him. "There's rules you need to follow. You know that right?" I nodded. "You are to respect me. I don't take disrespect very lightly, as you should know. You're not to talk back to me, if you do, you'll piss me off and make me do things I wouldn't do. And don't ever think about escaping." He came closer to me. "No matter where you go, I'll always find you. And the outcomes are not gonna be pretty. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I said tears falling down. "I u-understand." Just the thought of me being here all of my life haunts me.

"You're going to be sleeping in here from now on." He said. "You are not to leave this room. The only places in the house you'll be able to go to is the library downstairs, the kitchen, the dining room and the pool in the backyard." He said. "If I found out you're roaming other rooms, there'll be consequences." I nodded my head again.

"W-what about my clothes?" I said shakily.

"I had someone order you some clothes." He said. "They should be coming sometime this week. Do you have any questions?" I had one question lurking in my mind.

"What do you plan on doing with me?" I asked. "Are you gonna sell me to a brothel or something?" I hope he says no. No matter how much I hate it here.

"No, not at all." He said. "I know you're history, Emery. In and out of foster homes. Must've been hard." Oh, you have no idea.

"My plan is to make you mine. You're already mine but once you turn 20 or 21, I'll take your hand in marriage and there isn't anything you can do about it. For now, you're mine." He can't claim me like I'm some prize.

"How old are you?" I asked him.

"28." He said. "Does it freak you out or something?" I shook my head. "Good. Now get some rest. The maids are gonna be here tomorrow." Maids?!

I laid down on the bed and I felt him lay beside me. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me. As much as I wanted to move it, I didn't wanna get hurt. Who knows what he's capable of.

"Goodnight, flower." He whispered.

"G-goodnight." I said back. After a while, I felt my eyes getting heavy and I closed them.

*******************
Second chapter! Let's go!

Do you think Emery is going to adjust living with James?

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x