part 2

The next morning...

I slowly opened my eyes and turned my alarm off. 8:15 am. To be fair, back home it would be 12:15, so I really can't complain. I rolled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to shower.
After I did my everyday routine, I wrapped a towel around my body and went to closet to find some clothes to throw on. My wardrobe consisted of mostly oversized t-shirts and leggings. I had some cute clothes but I would rather be comfy. I picked out my favorite t-shirt and leggings, then slipped on some Jordan's. I took a glance in the mirror and sighed.
I really let myself go. I've gained at least 40 pounds since I graduated high-school. It doesn't help that every girl in California I've seen is insanely beautiful with a crazy body. Oh well, I'll workout some day.
I didn't bother drying my hair and just let it do it's thing. I was going to just put some concealer and mascara on but ended up putting on a full face of makeup. Oops
I made my way downstairs and poured myself a cup of coffee, said a quick good morning to Sarah, my brother's girl friend, and made my way to the in-house studio to see what my brother needed today.

"Hey, morning, what's going on today?" I asked as I peaked my head around the slightly opened door.  Oh no, there's the hot guy again. He must be the artist my brother is working with. Oh god we just made eye contact. He just smiled as I awkwardly looked away.
"Hey, Y/N, um- not much really could you maybe order some breakfast for all of us and then you can just hang around really." My brother said before returning his attention back to the desk top they were working on.

I keep thinking about the hot guy, I mean Jaden. His smile is so cute. And his hair? It's messy, but in a good way. I just want to run my hand through- I really have to stop. He would never pay me any attention.

"Thanks!" I said as I handed the delivery guy a $10 bill and shut the door. *Okay Y/N, we're going to back in the studio, hand them the food, and leave. It's one simple task, just do it without being awkward for one second please* I thought as I stood in front of the studio door. I opened the door and sat the food on the desk.
"Hey thanks, you can eat in here if you want we're taking a break for a little while." Collin smiled and started digging into his pancakes.
One problem.... the only place to left to sit in the studio was the couch. Next to Jaden. I awkwardly sat as far away as I could from him and barely ate any of my food. It wasn't that I wasn't hungry, I was starving, but I was terrified that I would drop my food on me and embarrass myself in front of him, Jaden.
A couple minutes later Collin got up from his chair when he phone started ringing and said "Hey I'll be right back mom is calling."
Jaden turned his attention to me, put his phone in the pocket of his sweatpants and scooted a little closer. "Your brother is actually an amazing producer. This new song is going to be fucking amazing." He smiled and I nodded my head and smiled before saying, "Yeah, I'm really happy for him, this is his dream." It was awkwardly quiet for a second before Jaden said "So your name is Y/N, right? Collin was telling me how you moved out here with him to be his assistant. What do you think of California so far?"
"Yeah. It's pretty cool so far. I don't really know anyone here other than Collin or Sarah so it's a little boring. I'm still getting used to the whole living in a huge house thing," I laughed and Jaden just looked at me. Like really looked at me, I felt like he was staring into my soul. I got really nervous and I knew he noticed my body tensed up. A couple seconds later he said "Shit I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I'm sorry I-" "It's fine, really stop saying sorry" I giggled. He brought his hand up to my face slowly and put a strand of hair behind my ear and smirked at me. "I could show you around if you want. I was homesick when I first moved here last year and it might make you feel better to have a friend to hangout with sometimes" He said as he looked intently into my eyes with his cute half smile.
"Sure. That'd be cool" I said as I shifted further away from him. "I'm gonna start decorating my room, I'll see you around I guess?" I somehow got up from the couch without tripping over my feet.
"Yeah, see you around." Jaden sighed. Why does he look sad?