non tornerà

Aryana's POV.

I feel physically and mentally exhausted at this point. It's been three days since Gio took Alonzaya from me and Dante and the men left yesterday to go to Italy because that's where they think he will be. I blamed Dante for everything that happened this last year and I know I shouldn't of. But I was far too emotional and I was far too angry and I needed someone to blame. I needed to take my anger out on something and deep down I do have some resentment towards Dante because he took so long to save me.

He then led me to believe Gio was gone when he knew there was a chance he mightn't have been. I'd of rather known from the start that he may have been alive at least then I could have prepared myself for what might have happened. I rise from my bed and I just put on a dressing gown and I walk to the chair that I always used to sit in. I look out the window at the scenery and I feel as if my heart is about to explode.

I miss my baby girl more than anything even though I only held her for a couple of hours. I bonded with her for 9 months and when I saw her beautiful face and her little toes and small hands not to mention those eyes that look just like her daddy's it just made my heart swell with love for her and Gio has taken that away from me just like he promised he would.

I also miss Dante I want him to hold me and tell me everything will be okay even though we're not talking at the moment. I want to be able to go to him and cry on his shoulder and I want to be able to tell him what I'm feeling but I can't because he is out there trying to find that monster yet again. He is out there shedding blood and taking lives and I'm fucking glad he is doing what he's doing.

I don't care that he's killing people I will kill people and I will torture them and I will spill blood if I have to just to have my baby back in my arms. As I'm looking out at the scenery a sudden urge to vomit overwhelms me and I have to run to the toilet to empty my stomach. As I begin to dry heave into the toilet pain erupts from my C-section wound.

I rise slowly from my knees and I wash my face in the sink. I then dry it and I take a look at my self in the mirror. My face is grey and pale my eyes are sunken and have dark bags under them and my hair is all over the place but I don't care. I exit the bathroom and I then leave my room and walk down to the ground floor so I can talk to one of the soldiers to see if they have heard anything from the guys.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and as I'm walking to the office the doors open and men begin to rush into the house. My heart begins to race but when I see Fedele and Luca come through the door my heart then starts to calm its self. I then see that Luca is holding a small white blanket in his arms and I rush towards him immediately. There in his arms is Alonzaya and she's fast asleep I take her from him and I walk straight into the front room and I sit down onto the sofa.

Tears begin to fall from my eyes as I look at her sleeping peacefully. She's healthy and she's safe and that just leaves me feeling at ease straight away. I turn back to look at Luca and I look through all the men that's talking and I still don't see Dante. It's then I realise why didn't Dante walk in with Alonzaya why did Luca have her instead.

"Luca where is he?" I say with a shaky voice.

His eyes grow sad and he looks down at his shoes before looking back to me. "He didn't make it back Aryana I'm really sorry," Luca says and my heart shatters at his words.

I shut my eyes and all I see is his face. Before he left we argued I said things I shouldn't have said and now I will never get to take them back. I won't get to apologise we won't get to be a family and we will never get out happy ending as we should have. Tears fall freely down my cheeks now and when I hear the screams from Asmara it just hits me like a truck. I rise and I run upstairs with Alonzaya in my arms and I shut us away in mine and Dante's room.

I place her in her crib that's been beside the bed since I was 8 months pregnant. The one that I and Dante built one night when we have spare time. I look at where my baby is sleeping and I have a flashback of him looking at the instructions and when he got a piece wrong he would swear and I'd laugh. He would stop every few minutes to kiss me and my bump and I just feel like the walls are closing in on me because I won't feel him kiss me ever again.

It hits me like a truck because Dante would still be alive if it weren't for me. I started all of this by not marrying Gio I got Alonzo murdered I got myself kidnapped I got Enzio tortured and now my husband is gone and I just can't deal with the pain anymore. I turn to look at my baby and then I open the door to the balcony and I walk out. I then climb up onto the balcony and I breathe in the fresh air. I listen to the birds and I feel the sunshine on my face once more before I let the wind carry me away.

𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙀𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘼𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙖'𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙚!! 𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙜𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙡𝙡 :)