No body in sight

Dante's POV

After we attend Aryana's appointment we head for lunch. I take her to a little Italian restaurant because I know she has been craving a lot of pasta lately. We arrive and when we walk inside the waitress comes over and guides us to our table immediately. We own this particular restaurant so the staff know that when we decide to dine here we are to be showed to the private area immediately.

We sit down and Aryana looks over the menu whilst I know exactly what I want. A simple penne arrabbiata with a side of garlic bread will do me fine. I can't seem to eat much lately due to worrying about Aryana. I also have a meeting with Luca later to discuss a very important matter. The waitress appears once again and Aryana orders a creamy garlic shrimp and pasta dish with fries and garlic bread.

I raise my brow at her and she just shrugs. I order what I want and the waitress leaves. "I can't believe how much your able to eat now I remember before you'd barely touch a thing," I say playfully.

"Yes well I'm taking full advantage of being pregnant I just love the fact that I can eat anything in sight and not feel guilty," She says playfully and I laugh.

"I'm so happy that you got to see our daughter today it just makes it even more real that she will be in our arms soon," She says with a dreamy look.

"I simply cannot wait for Aryana and I just want you to know I will protect you both with my life I will never let you go again," I say in a serious tone.

"I know you will Dante you have to stop worrying he is gone and I know in the future there will be more threats but we will deal with them as we go," She says whilst sliding her hand into mine.

The whole reason for my meeting with Luca flashed through my mind and I have to avert my gaze from hers. "Your right we just need to look forward to the future also the baby's room is nearly done thankfully," I say and she nods.

"Yes I absolutely love it when we go home me and Angelina is going to look online and get a few more bits for the room and some more clothes and that should be everything I just need to find a stroller and pack my bag and the baby bag and we're all set," She says with a beaming smile.

Before I can reply our food is ordered and Aryana tucks in straight away. Less than twenty minutes later her food is gone and I let out a laugh. She scowls at me and I just smirk at her in response. I rise and she does the same she puts on her coat and she grabs her purse. She then slides her hand into mine and we exit the restaurant.

We begin the drive home and every so often I turn to look at her. She is looking at the scenery as she sings along to a random song on the radio. She looks so peaceful and happy and it makes me worry even more about why I'm meeting with Luca. I don't want to destroy her happiness I don't want to have to lock her up in the house yet again with 24-hour security yet I may not have a choice because I cannot let her be taken from me again.

We arrive home and she kisses my cheek before making her way upstairs to see my sister, Angel. I make my way to Luca's office and I see that everyone else is already here. I sit down and the meeting begins. "Right as we all know we searched the house where Gio was keeping Aryana and we didn't find anything, not even his body we did find a lot of blood that must be his because as we all know Aryana attacked him now it may just be that his men took his body back to his famiglia so that he could have a proper funeral or it may be something worse like they managed to save him, either way, we have to watch our backs always and I am upping the security on the house because we need to keep this famiglia protected at all times, " He says.

Fedele suddenly speaks up and we all turn to look at him. "What if that bastard is still alive I can't have Gianna finding out that's for sure it would destroy her!" He says with a raised voice.

I look at Luca and he just shrugs his shoulders. "As I said we do not know if he is still alive but we should take extra precautions just to make sure everyone is safe now apart from this we had a slight loss on our taking from our heroin distributors so if the same happens next month we will need to have a meeting with them now is there anything else?" He asks.

"Yes Enzio has been getting close to our sister and we need to put a stop to it I don't want a Russo near our sister and either should any of you," Lorenzo says speaking up for the first time since the meeting started.

We all look at him with curious looks. Lorenzo usually doesn't have an opinion about anyone and for him to have sounded as harsh as he did it's clear he doesn't like the thought of Enzio and Angelina. I don't like the thought of them myself and I have noticed they have been hanging out recently but I didn't think anything was serious.

"I have noticed that myself and I will talk with both of them about that now apart from that anything else?" Luca says.

"Yes, we have a meeting set with the other leading Famiglia families they want to discuss what happened to Gio," I say and Luca nods in my direction.

"That is fine as long as it is scheduled for next week as me and Bella have a weekend away planned which reminds me we will be late if we don't leave soon so is that everything?" He asks and we all say yes.

We all rise and leave Luca's office we walk to the front room and I see that Bella is waiting for Luca and their driver is busy putting their luggage in the car. Aryana is holding Bellamia whilst Gianna has Alessandro and both parents kiss them and tell them they love them before they leave. They drive off and we all wave them goodbye and we return to the house.

I watch as Aryana coos to Bellamia and my heart swells with love. I know she is going to be a great mother and I know she would go to the ends of the earth for her child and her family and that's what makes me love her even more. As I watch her smile and laugh I realise that I must make sure she doesn't find out about Gio.

He has to stay dead and buried in her past where she left him and if he doesn't I can promise you I will kill him and send him straight to the gates of hell myself. I walk into the front room and I sit beside Aryana. She places her head onto my chest as Bellamia cuddles into her neck. She gently rocks her and I wrap my arm around her and I hold her close whilst inhaling her scent.

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too my Bambino," She whispers back.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!!