Six

Season Five Episode SixteenAn honest mistake

An honest mistake

As much as Max should love the new project that Maeve is working on, she just couldn't. Her daughter was up all night trying to construct this computer and if Max was being honest, she would be surprised if Maeve got any sleep at all.

She walked over to her daughters bedroom door, knocking lightly on the old oak. She stood there and waiting for a while, waiting for her daughter to give her some sort of 'come in!' but she didn't so Max would just have to go in. It was hard not to laugh at the scene, there was paper everywhere, tools laying around and scrap all over the floor. When she looked at the desk that was housing a sleeping Maeve who was still wearing the goggles they got three days ago.

"Maevie Baby, you need to get dressed for school" Max gently rubbed her back, waking someone who loves there sleeping was hard but roughly waking them up would be a mess.

"I'm gonna need some coffee" Maeve groggily said, lifting up her head.

"What time did you go to bed? I'm sorry, I should've came in here and told you to go to bed. I know you loose track of time" Max was now bent down to her daughters level, if there was anything she learned by being the Mother to Maeve, it was gentleness.

"I'm not sure, I stopped looking at the clock around 2:30 a.m" She got up from the chair, rubbing her eyes to make the sleepiness go away and walked straight into the bathroom.

"Do you feel good enough to be able to go to school?" Max followed her toward the bathroom, stopping outside so that Maeve could have privacy, "If you need to stay home you can, but this isn't going to be an everyday thing. You will have to figure out a nice schedule so you can do your projects and be able to go to bed at a timely hour"

"I really don't want to miss school" Maeve told her Mom, it was a little muffled considering she was in the bathroom with the door shut.

Max waited for Maeve to walk out of the bathroom and when she did, it was not a pretty sight. Her hair was sticking up, she had sleeping marks all over her face and she was still in her clothes from yesterday.

"I'll call Nana, you look like you got hit by a bus"

"Can you call Monty instead, he's cooler to hangout with" Maeve asked, she was still half asleep and her bed looked very comfortable to her right now.

"Yeah, I'll call Monty. You get changed Into real pajamas and get into bed, I'll help you prioritize when I get home" Max turned off her light and walked out of her daughters room, luckily Monty liked hanging out with Maeve so it most likely wasn't going to be a problem.