Three

The self-destruct button Season one episode seven

Season one episode seven

Since it was the weekend, Maeve didn't have school so Max had to drop her off at daycare, so she was running a little late today which was something she never usually was, the Doctor had gotten a page from the clinic so she was on her way to see what was up.

As soon as she was down in the clinic she asked the receptionist who the page was for and she pointed to the family and gave little detail of what was going on.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Mallard, what seems to be the problem?" Max asks putting on her gloves just in case.

"I think she got some stomach bug on her trip to Mexico with her friends. I told her not to go to a third-world country, but does she ever listen?" Mrs. Rice the patients mother said, and from the sound of it she was not too happy about being in the hospital.

"She's been weak ever since and she's lost weight" Mr. Rice said telling the doctor more information.

"Barely" Claire replied biting her nails, a nervous habit.

"And this morning she passed out in the shower" Mr. Rice added.

Max looked at the young girl in front of her "When was the trip?"

"A couple weeks ago, I'm really fine. I just have a fever" Claire said trying to convince the doctor that she was okay.

"Okay, Well, can you lie back for an exam for me?" Max said gently, the girl was already nervous so Max was trying her best to soothe the girl.

"No, please, I don't need an exam. Just give me some antibiotics and send me home" Claire said still trying to convince the doctor that she was fine.

"Well, maybe it is just a fever, but they called down for me, I have to give the Okay to let you go, so just let me do the exam and then you'll be all set " Max explained looking back and forth from the parents and the girl.

Claire looked at the doctor worried, she really didn't want Max to do the exam "Do the exam" Claire's father said

"No" Claire replied looking at her father "This is crazy, I'm fine"

"For god sake Claire, I don't want to spend my whole day here" Mrs. Rice said from behind her daughter.

Max looked from Claire to her parents, now understanding why she's so uncomfortable "You know Mrs. Rice, I think it might be a little easier if Claire and I had some privacy, so would you two mind leaving the room"

"That's fine" Mr. Rice said before he and his wife walked out.

Once they left the room Claire climbed on the bed, Max started to ouch down on her stomach to see if there was any tenderness, as soon as her hands pressed down on the low middle part of her stomach Claire yelped