Twenty-One

Season Seven, Episode Nine  Slow Night, so long

Slow Night, so long

In the past week Arizona has left and Christina quit the program, so really it's been a major cluster fuck all around. At least Derek got the news that he got the grant for his Alzheimers trial so currently they were all heading into Joes to celebrate.

As soon as Max walks in she stops abruptly making Callie run into the back of her with a grunt, "What the hell?" Callie groans as she looks up as everyone else notices Christina behind the bar working, poorly.

"Why are you behind the bar?" Derek walks up to her and asks.

"Oh, Leo told me that I should be doing something so here I am" She tells them, looking so unbothered by all of this, "What's everyone drinking?"

"Vodka Soda sounds good for me" Max shrugs, "Mark will take a scotch"

"Easy enough" Christina nods, grabbing two glasses as the group head over to the table Leo saved for them.

"Nobody else wanted a drink?" Max asks as she sits in the chair Makr pulls out for her.

"No, M2. I dont think it's a good idea humoring this behavior" Miranda snips.

"She sat on the couch for three days stright watching infomercials and eating cereal out of the box, so yeah, I told her to do something" Leo shrugs, taking the peanut from the table and putting it into his mouth.

"But you didn't specify what kind" Callie points out.

"I dont need to, what am I gonne do? Make her be a doctor? She's going through something right now and although I wish she wasnt, she is and us all pusing her isn't going to help her regain her passion" Leo sighs, tired of people acting as if they know what's going on more then him.

"At least it's not the morgue" Mark jokes, "Although, I think she'd like that"

"Tell her you changed your mind. Tell her she can be a housewife for all you care" Derek laughs.

"She doesnt even have a hobby, Derek"

"I think that the only thing she'd be worse at than bartending is housewifing" Callie laughs.

"I know, Isn't that great" Leo says, smiling over at his wife.

"What's so bad about bartending? She's not dancing on a pole" Mark offers.

"People have to make money somehow, Mark. We dont shame" Max tells him, calling out his poorly made joke.

"I'll give her all the time she needs, we all know this wont last but this is what she needs to get over the trauma she faced, you all faced that day and if this is how she learna to cope then we need to let her. She'll come back to us" Leo tells then with a final tone in his voice, "Now I would love to stop talking about this because at the end of the day it doesnt concern you"