Twelve

Season Six, Episode TenHolidaze

Holidaze

Max was having the best week of her life, it was kind of hard not too. Everyday, the memory of Mark proposing popped into her head and she couldn't help but feel warm inside.

Telling her friends was a huge highlight as well. Callie was the first person she told, she had broke down crying, then insisted on being the maid of honor and then made Max tell the full story of the proposal about 10 times.

Derek was the first person Mark told and well, no one walked away with dry eyes. They had invited over Derek and Meredith for dinner and they had spilled the news over a glass of wine.

Lexie and Graham were next and for Max's sake, neither of them cried but that didn't stop Graham from going on a long 'I'm so proud of you' tangent. Although, Max originally planned on Graham being a bridesman, her and Mark ultimately decided that he would stand up with Mark.

Leo, Monty and Christina came after. It was no surprise that Max's brothers pulled Mark to the side and threatened him. The biggest surprise of that night was Mont and Leo confessing that Mark had asked for his blessing since Max's Dad wasn't there to give it. That made Max cry for about 2 days straight.

Miranda and Max's Mom Piper were last. They all had gotten lunch together, a girls day was what they called it. Max knew that if she told them first, she wouldn't be able to go through the rest of the week without crying uncontrollably. And she was right. Even though Miranda was not one to show emotions she couldn't help herself but let the tears roll down her face. It wasn't until Piper spoke up that everyone truly lost it. Pipers only living daughter is getting married and even though Robert wasn't there to walk his little girl down the isle, everyone knew that he would fight his way to be there in spirit.

Although, it hasn't even been a full month of getting engaged, both Max and Mark knew that they wanted it to be a small wedding and the backyard of their house was the perfect place to do it. They gave themselves 5 months to plan before getting married and Max really wanted to surprise the few that were going to be apart of her wedding.