Four

Before

Before

She gave him an hour to think things over, but now she was walking to their bedroom to talk to him. She opened the door and saw Mark sitting at the edge of their bed, his head in his hands leaning forward.

"Mark" Max called out to him, walking over to touch him but before she could he jumped up from the bed not wanted to be touched right now.

"I don't think I can do this" Mark said pulling his hair out of frustration.

Max looked at him, wondering, waiting for him to explain what he was talking about "What are you talking about Mark?"

He looked around trying to find something, anything he could do to take his anger out at, so he grabbed the lamp next him and threw it at the wall behind Max.

Max jumped in surprise "Mark what the hell!" She yelled at him, he just freaking threw a lamp at the wall, she was shocked.

"God dammit Max, we were good, we were thinking about starting a family but you had to ruin it all with that shitty job, god what were you thinking" Mark yelled at her, face red and his veins popping out of his neck.

"I was thinking that you would be happy for me! Being the Head of Peds is an amazing opportunity and I would be an idiot to not even consider it, I was thinking that you were able to love me enough to consider coming with me." Max was crying now at the thought of not starting this new chapter in her life with him.

"Shut up Maxine, you know that I love you more then anything but right now I don't even know who you are, you didn't even come to me before you had this grand idea to move across damn America, I have a life here Max, I have my own practice, we have Derek and Addison and the rest of the Shepherds, I mean come on did you really think that I would want to move away from that?" Mark continued to yell, hoping she would reconsider moving.

"I know that Mark, you don't think I don't know that. I've known Derek and his family since I was a baby, they are my family also. You know Mark you are just so selfish, I'm talking about being the Head of Pediatric Surgery here and you don't even care! I should've known that when you say you'll follow me everywhere that it was just a short leash" Max said softly not wanting yell or fight anymore, her eyes and throat hurt and she was done.

"Yeah I guess so" Mark said only choosing to comment on the last part "I don't think this is going to work" The girl nodded her head slowly at his final decision before getting up to walk to the storage closet, she opened the door and turned the light she looked around for a little bit, she found her suitcase and pulled it out of the closet.

She set the suitcase of the bed opening it up so she could put her clothes in it, she walked over to their shared closet and grabbed some of her shirts and pants.

Max heard the door slam, she guessed it was Mark leaving, getting away from Max and everything else.
Max sighed as she walked past a picture of her and Mark, she lost it, she broke down right in front of Mark, in their bedroom. Max dropped to the floor not being about to use her strength to stand, she cried for the long love they had for each other, she cried for Mark and how heartbroken they both felt. She cried for herself.

//

rip

Do you guys feel like Mark was out of line?

John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare