Twenty-Three

Season Seven, Episode Twelve Start me up

Start me up

"I mean I get it, She's got a hang-up about me being perfect. You know, everything comes easy for me and I dont have any flaws and now that I clearly made a mistake, she's just going to pound the crap out of me" Arizona starts to rant as soon as they got off the elevator. Max could take this from Callie becasue well best friend status and everything but Arizona was low on the list.

"A mistake is forgetting something at the grocery store. You left, Arizona. You left and went to Africa and told her you didnt want her to come at with you at the airport. That's not a mistake that's a major fuck up and she deserves to be mad at yoou right now" Max sighs, "Go do rounds, I'm colaperating with Mark today" Handing her the clipboard she leavs Arizona behind while Mark and the group follow closesly behind her.

When they get to the patients room, Max motions for Alex to begin, "Sarah Cassidy, 15, has a rare genetic condition called Treacher Collins Syndrome whihc caused her to be born without cheek bones, leaving her orbital floor unprotected and vulnerable to eye injury"

"Which means the only extracurriculars I can sign uo for are the ones that dont involve things flying at my face" Sarah quips.

"She rocks the chess club"

"I just want to play sports"

"You bowl, honey" He dad tries.

"Not really a sport, Dad"

"You mind if I take a look?" Mark looks over at the parents before moving over to Sarah.

"Sarah, we're going to take peices from your skull and transplant them into your face to rebuild new cheekbones. Do you have any questions or concerns?" Max looks at Sarah at Mark feels her face assessing the area.

"Volleyball tryouts are in two months. Can I tryout?"

Max looks at Sarah and then to Mark, obviously this was a more then major surgery so the answer would be no.

"We'll have to gauge how you heal but most things like this, it's best to rest for a but before you do anything" Max smiles at her before turning over to the parents, "You gusy sit tight, we are going to have a little talk and discuss where to go from here"

As the group walks out Max lets out a laugh, "A volleyball player"

"Digging into her skull will track on an extra year of healing, you know?" Mark tells her as the reach the nurses station.

"Yeah but after it heals she has the rest of her life to play volleyball or whatever she wants to do with her life now that she'll have no restrictions"

"Well, did you consider a stem cell surgery they did in cininnati using a cadaver bone graft?"Mark looks at Max all shy like, gently gauging the situation.