Three

Season Five, Episode Twelve Sympathy for the devil

Sympathy for the devil

Max was not happy to be woken up at 2:30 a.m but her pager said 9-1-1 from Miranda Bailey so of course she rushed out of bed, gave Mark an explanation to where she was going and got ready as soon as she could.

Luckily she lived no more then ten minutes away, make it five f she was speeding just a little. When she got inside the hospital she turned left to go up the stairs and to the elevator to the Pediatric wing.

"Okay, I'm up and I'm here. What's wrong? Is Jackson okay?" Max said rushing to Miranda's side, she didn't pay any attention to the annoyed Arizona Robbins that was standing by the door.

"Okay. Uh, Jackson's B.P. its a little down from yesterday, no big deal but if we make a few calls, get pushy, maybe we could get him bumped a few spots up on the transplant list" Miranda looked at Max, she was hopeful.

Max looked at Arizona and then back at Miranda, "Miranda, you paged me 9-1-1 and I'm assuming you paged Dr. Robbins as well and at 2:30 in the morning no less, just what, chat?"

"Uh, you...you guys like to chat, you never shut up either of you. You're chatty" Miranda explained, poorly.

"Rude and not at 2:30 in the morning! I am seven months pregnant for gods sake" Max chuckled a little, she was getting delirious.

"Look, he's young. He's near the top of the list U.N.O.S. will find him his organs when they find them his organs and god knows that staying up all night chatting about it is not gonna help" Arizona said stepping closer to the two, "I'm gonna get some sleep, I suggest you do the same"

"He's running out of time" Miranda said her voice cracking slightly.

"They always are, Miranda. We are trying the best that we can, have faith in the process" Max gave her a reassuring hug, Peds was not easy and it never was going to be.

"Welcome to Peds" Arizona added, giving Miranda a sad smile before walking away.