Six

Owner of a lonely heart
Season two episode eleven

Max went home around two in the morning but she made sure her pager was on and next to her, luckily for her it didn't beep but her alarm clock however did. She groaned turning over in her bed to turn off the awful noise, she sat in her bed for some time dreading going to work, all she wanted to do was stay home with her daughter and watch movies but she knew being a doctor had its rewards.

She finally got up and walked to her bathroom to take a shower and brush her teeth. After she was done she got dressed for the day and then walked to her daughters room.

"Mae Mae, it's time to get up sweetheart" Max called out softly as she opened the door, she walked in and sat on Maeve's bed, but to her surprise she wasn't in it. Max got up quickly and ran to the hallway "Maeve?"

Max ran down the stairs when she didn't answer "Maeve Mallard-Sloan!" Max called out again, Max walked into the kitchen sighing when she saw her daughter with her parents.

"Mom, Dad? What are you guys doing here?" Max asked picking up her daughter and giving her a kiss on the head.

"Oh we wanted to see you dear, we got in early this morning, and I just couldn't wait to see my beautiful granddaughter" Max's Mom, Piper, said walking over to pinch Maeve's cheeks.

"Okay Mom, I've got to get to work but if you want you could take Maeve to school and then pick her up, I don't know when I'll be home so if you're willing to watch her until I get off, I'd appreciate it" Max suggested handing her daughters clothes to her Mom.

"Yes! Yes, I would love that" Piper said smiling down at Maeve.

Max looked behind her Mom and saw her Dad eating an apple "Dad, I've missed you so much" She walked over to give her father a hug, she was closest to her Dad so whenever she got to see him she was the happiest.

"Maxine! My sweet, sweet Maxine!" Her dad said patting his daughters back "We've missed you, you never visit anymore" She had just visited them not even a month ago.

"Right, well I have to get ready for work" Max said retreating back to her room "And Mom please call me if you run into any problems"

Max was a little worried about leaving her daughter here with her mother as she tends to do the opposite of what Max asks but Maeve hasn't seen her grandparents in a while so it was okay, just this once.