Two

The first cut is the deepest Season one episode two

Season one episode two

It was a pretty slow day for Max, it was already late in the afternoon and all she has done is check on her post surgery patients.

She was wondering through the halls trying to find someone to talk to, anyone really. She watched as Derek left a patients room holding their chart.

"Hey Shep, anything interesting?" Max asks leaning on the wall next to him, Derek looks at her and sighs.

"Not much interesting as it is heinous" Derek replied he was feeling a little down about this patient.

"What happened?" Max asked softly, Max had been through all of Derek's emotions, working with adolescents you get to see a lot of things, and one of them being rape victims.

"Twenty-two year old rape victim, Allison, we don't know if she'll survive, this girl even bit off the attackers penis" Derek said taking to chart in his hand and putting it in the holder next to the door.

"Dammit" Max sighed, she could never imagine what the victims feel but she always did everything in her power to make them feel safe.

"Yeah, I know" Derek said shaking his head while walking off.

Max was back up in her Peds wing, slow days like this she loved watching over the new born babies so that's where she was heading

She heard a male talking to the babies, gibberish of course since the babies can't understand English yet, she turned the corner and saw George and Meredith looking at them.

"You are such a women" Meredith told George after he was done cooing at the little ones.

"Hello little interns, what are you guys doing here?" Max asked grinning at the two, she new exactly what they were doing.