Eleven

Season Six, Episode Eight Invest in love

Invest in love

Max rushed into the hospital after she was paged to come in, she didn't have time to get Malakai ready to go to daycare or Maeve ready for school so she put the task onto Mark who was still sleeping in bed.

"What do we got?" Max asked Alex as she walked into the room. Grabbing her stethoscope from her pocket and hanging it around her neck.

"Laura Young, 30 weeks pregnant, car accident. Head C.T. showed a subdural. Shepherds coming in, baby's in distress, O.B.'s on its its way" Alex told her, still checking out Laura to figure it all out.

"Oh it hurts, it really hurts" Laura cried out in pain.

"Wait, wait. Hold on, move the want up" Max told him, grabbing the wand and moving it up.

"What?"

"Baby's brain is hemorrhaging, she needs a crash 'C' while Shepherd handles the bleed. Get ready to grab a rail and start running" Max lifted up the side rail as Alex did his side, hooking the fluids to the front of the cart, they began punching her out and moving as fast as they could.

"Oh, no. Hold on, hold on. We need the O.R." Max yelled out at Callie and Hunt as they punched there patient down the hall.

"Well, we need it, too. We're already on our way" Callie replied back, still keeping the same pace.

"There's only one O.R. prepped this time of night and we need it" Max told her as they raced together to the operating room.

"No, we need it"

"Minds got a subdural" Max tried to one up her.

"50 broken bones" Callie shot back.

"Struck in the womb!"

"Oh!" Callie yelled when the door opened in front of them, making them stop, "All right, uh, get another O.R. ready now"

Max nor Alex bothered to look back, they kept running until they reached the O.R. doors. They stopped outside of the room and handed her off to the nurses who were already scrubbed so that Alex and Max could get ready for surgery. They hooked her machine to the cart next to her and grabbed the head machine.

Max walked into the room along with Alex, getting ready to get the baby out of the womb to get her stable. The moment passed by in a blur, they've don't this countless of times and Max could do this in her sleep. As they got the baby out, Alex grabbed a small breathing tube to keep the baby alive.