Nine

Season Six, Episode OneGood Mourning

Good Mourning

WARNING
There will be mention of postpartum depression, if reading about it will be a trigger for you then I suggest just skipping this chapter.
If you need to skip the chapter and you want to know what happened, just comment and I'll send you a summery!
You are an amazing mother and you are doing an amazing job, you've got this!

Warning
There will be mention of unwillingness to live, if that is a trigger for you, don't read the second half of the book!
I <3 you guys!

Day One

The past couple of weeks were hard. It seemed like Max's brain was going through a constant loop with Christina rushing into her hospital room and telling everybody that their Dad had died and as much as Max tried to be there for her new baby, all she could think about was how Malakai shared his birthday with her Dads death. Mark was a saint though, he understood. He knew that things were going to be hard for the Mallard family when Robert passed but no matter how prepared or how much you've come to terms, losing your father was going to be just as hard.

Things didn't get any better when she finally came back to work and it wasn't Max's decision. She had gotten a page from Derek, a 911 to be exact. With Malakai in his stroller for newborns, she walked inside the hospital and she noticed a bunch of her co-workers crying and Derek at the entrance waiting for her.

"George O'Malley died" He said straight to the point and as soon as he said that, she knew why he had paged her.

"Where is she" Max asked, not waiting for a reply, she began to walk knowing that Derek would follow.

"I don't know. We just got out of surgery, the Chief said that his Mom was on her way to the hospital so I would start there" Derek told her before steering off to somewhere else.

It didn't help much not knowing where Callie was, they hospital wasn't a small place so she could be anywhere.

Since Max wasn't officially working, she didn't really have a need to drop Malakai off at the daycare and plus every single one of her friends loved him so maybe he could shed some light today.

She found her on the second floor lobby, she wondered if that was where they were keeping George so that Mrs. O'Malley could say her peace. Callie stood next to Miranda, they both looked like they had just finished crying and both staring at the Chief talk to Mrs. O'Malley.

"Hey, Callie" Max approaches softly, stopping herself and the stroller inches away from the two.

"Max, what are you doing here?" Callie turned to her friend, wiping under her eyes to get rid of any wetness.