Ninteen

Didn't we almost have it all?Season three episode twenty-five

Season three episode twenty-five

Eight weeks ago

After Max woke up they immediately moved her to a bigger room with a comfier bed, a crowd started to form outside and since she was only allowed a couple of visitors, everyone had agreed that Mark and Maeve should see her first.

"Oh, my angel. I have missed you" Max cooed at her daughter with open arms letting Mark know that Maeve was okay to sit with her.

"Hi Mommy" Maeve laid her head on her Moms chest with a yawn. Max presses her lips on top of Maeve head, rubbing her back for comfort.

"Hi" Mark finally said from beside her.

"Hi, Mark" Max smiled up at him, she was happy for this moment.

"How are you feeling? Do you need some water or ice chips?" Mark asked her, she thought it was cute the way his forehead wrinkled when he was worried.

"I'm fine, I swear, I just want to spend time with my family" Max said as she continued to rub her daughters back.

"Right, I'll, uh I'll go get them" Mark stuttered out, putting his hands in his pockets, he began to walk toward the door.

"Be my boyfriend" She blurted out, spur of the moment type of thing but she meant it non the less.

"What?" Mark swiftly turned his body around, his mouth hung with shock.

"Do you love me?" Max questioned, she was so sure that the answer would be yes.

"I Uh, I- what?" He stuttered again, this time walking closer to Max.

"Mark, Do you love me? Because if you are in love with me just as much as Im in love with you then there shouldn't be a reason that we don't try to be together, but if you don't love me then tell me now or else I will still be pining over you like a lovesick fool. So tell me, do you love me" She wasn't messing around, she was too old to be playing a guessing game and life was too short not to spend every moment with someone you love.

"You love me?" Mark was still processing, he had gotten into Columbia, aced his finals and internship but right now, his mind was overheating.

"I swear to god, Mark. Are you really that den-"

He kissed her. Without warning, he had made the few short steps to her side and kissed her, he didn't need for her to finish her sentence and he didn't even need to fully understand what was happening, all her knew was that the woman that he loves was telling him that she loves him back, and that was all that he needed.