Twenty-Two

Maybe it wasn't healthy for Max to ignore Mark and all of her problems, she knew very well that it wasn't but she needed time to process and to heal so that's why spending the last few weeks with her Mom, Dad and Maeve was what she needed

She requested off the time to spend with them because she knew that her Dad wasn't getting any better and it was much better to stay in an environment he knew rather then pack him up and stay at her house, a place he wasn't familiar with.

But the peace and quiet was over and the day after tomorrow was her first day back at the hospital but right now she was on her way to Maeve's school conference, and of course she had informed Mark as soon as she found out but at this point she wasn't sure what was going on with him.

"Mom, I really don't see the point of this whole parent teacher conference" Maeve said sitting in the back seat of her Mom's car.

"Honey, I'm just here to see how you're doing in school that's all it is" Max told her daughter, looking in the rear view mirror she saw the look on Maeve's face, "Is there anything I need to know about before we enter the school"

"I'm sure Mrs. Daily has everything covered" Maeve responded.

"Right" Max sighed before putting the car into park and getting out to help Maeve unbuckle.

"I'm sure it's all going to be okay" Maeve told her Mom with a thumbs up.

"Maeve, it doesn't bring me much comfort to hear you say that" Max said to her, last parent teacher conference Maeve had gotten in trouble for telling a teacher that she was horrible at her job all because she got a simple equation wrong.

"Little faith Mom, little faith" Maeve replied back. 

Max walked into Mrs

Max walked into Mrs. Dailey's room hand in hand with Maeve, and no sight of Mark.

"Mrs. Dailey, how are you?" Max smiles at the teacher, stretching her hand out for a proper shake.