Fifteen

Filler

Filler

Week one

Max didn't know what to expect but here she was making the house tidy so that Mark could come over for his first play day with Maeve. They had discussed the rules and the role they each had to play in order for this all to actually work and Max was hoping that is would, and Mark seemed to agree with everything he even threw in some rules of his own.

She bent down to pick up the last of Aslans toys when she heard her door bell ring, she shot straight up and looked around the house making sure it was perfect before opening the door, when she finally felt like it was nice and tidy she opened the door.

"Mark" Max greeted she backed up and opened the door wider so that he could come in.

"Hey Max" Mark smiled down at her before his eyes flickered up, he took in the house looking at every spot, noticing the pictures of Max and her family and friends on the wall, his eyes stopping at the picture of him, Max, Derek and Addison.

"That was a long time ago huh?" Max said creeping up on him, she had decided to start up a conversation with him she didn't know why she thought bringing up an old photo from the past was a good ice breaker.

"Too long, I remember this being taken at our spot. It was a couple days before you left" Mark replied back to her, not taking his eyes off of the picture as he did so.

"You let me" Max said softly, turning her head slightly when she heard the loud footsteps her daughter was making down the hall.

"Hi mommy" Maeve put her arms around Max's legs giving them a tight hug.

"Hi sweetie" Max smiled down at her daughter and then bent down to her level, she didn't want to bombard her with Mark Sloan just yet.

"Uh, who are you?" Maeve asked Mark, Max watched as his face scrunched up making her laugh just a little.

"I'm Mark" He said gently, he looked over to Max silently asking if he could tell her then smiling a little when she nodded her head.

"I'm your Dad"

"Sorry but I don't have a Dad" Maeve put her hand on her hip as if challenging Mark to say any different.

Max's eyes went wide at that, "Maeve! I'm sorry, she's in that ruthless phase"

He let out a small laugh, "Maeve I really am your father"

"Prove it" She taunted, making a face as she said it.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Mark asked her, he was enjoying this, having a daughter.