Unfortunate Events | Chapter 39

Jisoo frowned, "No."

Lisa sighed, "Please. I'm old enough and I will take care of myself. I promise." She was almost begging Jisoo at this point.

"No," Jisoo insisted.

"No more drinks?" Lisa asked, trying to persuade the older girl. Honestly, that's all Jisoo needed to hear.

The older girl blinked, "Fine. Be home before 12."

Lisa smiled widely. All she wanted was to sit down and watch Chaeyoung until the other girl leaves. It sounded stupid but Lisa still cared for Chaeyoung and that's the least her could do.

"See you soon Lisa," Jennie bid her goodbye before leaving with Jisoo.

Lisa's hand wrapped tightly around the cup of her drink just now as she watched Chaeyoung chug down a few shots. The smile on the bartender's face was causing something to boil in Lisa. It almost looked cocky or even happy that his own girlfriend was drinking this fast.

The Thai girl wanted to get on her feet and just sit on the empty seat next to Chaeyoung in her booth but she dismissed the thought.

That bartender was her boyfriend. What was Lisa? Her ex-girlfriend who "lied" to her about having cancer. Who was more important? This was a question that had no response in Lisa's head even though the answer was screaming at her.

Obviously it was supposed to be Shay, right? But no, Lisa felt this sudden fire burning in her chest. She grew confident that Chaeyoung loved her more than anyone in this world. Those promises Chaeyoung made wouldn't be for nothing. Lisa knew how much it meant to Chaeyoung, she wouldn't make empty ones.

But... if Chaeyoung really loved Lisa the way that Lisa thought, wouldn't she have forgotten how much pain she was put through to take care of Lisa?

The girl's legs gave way again, and she slumped back onto her chair as she watched Chaeyoung drink more.

After a little more than 30 minutes, Chaeyoung's posture turned bad. This was Lisa's cue. Without a second thought, she stood up and trotted towards Chaeyoung's seat.

She sat, getting the attention of her ex. When their eyes met, Lisa felt herself lose the words that she had been rehearsing in her brain. Guess what they say about meeting an ex was true after all.

Chaeyoung gave Lisa a drunk smile as she leaned in closer to make sure that it was Lisa she was looking at. The Thai girl's heart melted at the sight of this broken Chaeyoung. The Chaeyoung that she had loved.

"Are you here to tell me about how great your life is?" Chaeyoung asked, slurring on her own words as she brought her cup to her lips.

"No."

Lisa's eyes never left Chaeyoung and she watched the other girl gulp down another shot.

"Then why is Lalisa Manoban here?" Chaeyoung asked again, with a fake smile that anyone could tell apart. "To see my miserable state?" Chaeyoung laughed.

Lisa sighed, grabbing the shot glass before Chaeyoung could reach it, "Stop drinking Park Chaeyoung."

The other girl turned to face Lisa with a frown, "You do know that the bartender is my boyfriend right? I can ask for whatever I want." A devious smirk made its way onto Chaeyoung's lips as she boasted about her boyfriend.

Lisa downed the drink right in front of Chaeyoung and the other girl leaned forward to stop Lisa but it was too late.

"Why?!" Chaeyoung asked in annoyance. "What do you want?"