Wish you were here | Chapter 12

Chaeyoung got out of the car, looking up in hope to find a pair of warm brown eyes searching for hers.

To her disappointment, she only saw Jennie waiting for the both of them. She wanted to explain, but it seems like Lisa wanted to avoid her.

The girl could feel her heart shattering. Maybe Chaeyoung was right, Lisa would be spooked and creeped out by her obsession and what's more, after getting yelled at for no reason, Lisa wouldn't ever want to be close to her anymore.

The first thought that came to mind was that Lisa didn't want to wait with Jennie for her. This was her sign of telling Chaeyoung that she wanted to break the friendship they shared.

Warm tears welled up in Chaeyoung's eyes but she still followed Jisoo.

"Where's Lisa?" Jisoo asked Jennie after noticing Chaeyoung's reaction.

Jennie ran her hand through her hair, "She's sick. Down with bad flu."

Chaeyoung started to worry, "Was she caught in the rain yesterday?" Her tone was filled with worry.

"I'm not sure. She just texted me this morning," Jennie replied. "Let's go in."

The tallest girl sighed painfully. She hoped that Lisa was okay and she prayed that Lisa wasn't avoiding her.

Lisa however, was stuck at home, laying on the bed, dressed nicely. She was actually ready to head for school, but the thought that Chaeyoung would be starting a cold war with her pained her so badly. She dreaded it. The thought itself hurt her.

Last minute, she decided to skip. Maybe she should give Chaeyoung some time to cool. The latter did feel bad because of her lying but she felt that this would do Chaeyoung and her good.

But, she couldn't stop thinking about the sight she had seen yesterday. The collection of drawings Chaeyoung had of her. Did she possibly have the same feelings for her?

Maybe Chaeyoung's words were the cue. The older girl started drawing her after the time in the dance studio, is it possible that Chaeyoung was eyeing her?

Quit dreaming. It'll never happen.

Lisa sighed, dragging herself off her bed and out of the house. She rode her bike to the nearby dance academy opened by one of her friends, Donghyuk. She needed a break from the tense environment.

"Hi DK," Lisa said monotonously.

The boy smiled at the sight of Lisa, "Hi Lisa! Been a while since I last saw you here."

Lisa nodded, "Yeah. Is it okay if I rented a studio for the day?"

Donghyuk smiled, "Sure. That'll be 24 dollars." His smile was wide and cheeky but Lisa didn't budge.

"Seriously?" Lisa asked. "I really have to pay?"

The boy laughed, "Of course not. I'm kidding. Here you go, room 4."

Lisa smiled, one with no emotions at all, "Thanks bro."

"I'll come in after one of my classes for a dance off yeah?" Donghyuk teased. Lisa nodded.

With that, she went into the dance studio, dropping her bag on the ground once she stepped in. The dance studio never looked so good to her.

She played some music, stretching before she started executing the moves.

On the other hand, in school, Chaeyoung was going through class alone painfully. She hid drawing paper below her english worksheet and whenever her teacher wasn't looking, she'd draw Lisa. The way Lisa looked at her with emotional eyes.